Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Postgame Thoughts
Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
Doesn't make me feel any better...

Nope. Not meant to. If you're like me, it makes you feel worse. Here's a few more that sting, considering the 1-4 record. 

Vikings offensive linemen ranked among their respective positions in week 5 (@PFF):

Christian Darrisaw: 1st (of 67 tackles)

Garrett Bradbury: 2nd (of 32 centers)

Ezra Cleveland: 6th (of 67 guards)

Ed Ingram: 10th (of 67 guards)

Brian O'Neill: 31st (of 67 tackles)

The #Vikings are 1-4, but the offensive line now has the 2nd best PFF grade in pass blocking and are 1st in run blocking.

Ed Ingram, whose run blocking grade last year was average (60s), but who's pass blocking grade was terrible (40s), has had two straight games where both run and pass grades were fairly even. Both in the 60s last week. Both in the 70s this week. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:

Nope. Not meant to. If you're like me, it makes you feel worse. Here's a few more that sting, considering the 1-4 record. 

Vikings offensive linemen ranked among their respective positions in week 5 (@PFF):

The #Vikings are 1-4, but the offensive line now has the 2nd best PFF grade in pass blocking and are 1st in run blocking.

Ed Ingram, whose run blocking grade last year was average (60s), but who's pass blocking grade was terrible (40s), has had two straight games where both run and pass grades were fairly even. Both in the 60s last week. Both in the 70s this week. 
Un-frigg'in believable...

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:

That's the NFL for you. It isn't always logical. Last year's Vikings were a historical anomaly. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:

That's the NFL for you. It isn't always logical. Last year's Vikings were a historical anomaly. 

Most analytics said we'd fall back to the mean last year. Never happened til the playoff game. This year I keep thinking we'll rise up to the mean and win some games, but that just as easily might not happen either. Margins are razor thin in the NFL which is one reason why we all love it.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:

Most analytics said we'd fall back to the mean last year. Never happened til the playoff game. This year I keep thinking we'll rise up to the mean and win some games, but that just as easily might not happen either. Margins are razor thin in the NFL which is one reason why we all love it.
We fell back to the mean when Dallas thumped us 40-3.  We were 5-4 after starting 8-1 and some of those 5 were pure luck.