Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Oliver
First career lost fumble, who’s next…?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JR44" said:
So do we get to see more "highlights" of Oliver's blocks and what a mauler he is.  Two weeks in a row he is responsible for a 14 point swing in the game, brutal fumble that let to 7 for KC and then a potential TD pass through his hands.  20+ million on two TEs who have been one of the bigger factors in the 1-4 start.   
Two opposing things can be true. It can be true that Oliver is a terrific blocker and also responsible for key errors in the last two games. 

But honestly I have a bigger problem with the THREE balls that went through the hands of TJ DroppinSome. 
TJ Hockenson- 30 catches, 254 yards, 2 TD's = highest paid TE in the league

Sam Laporta- 25 catches, 289 yards, 3 TD's = rookie contract

Again, which team is that trade looking better for? 
its the notion that this team was just a few pieces away from contending,  the sooner reality hits KAM and the Wilfs square in the ass,  the sooner they can focus on actually making moves with the focus on building a SB contender,  not just a team to win the North.  I think the focus and excitement about winning the division is for losers,   you are either in it for a SB, or you are just trying to sell tickets.  The longer they drag out this shit path, the longer its going to take to turn it around.  People talk about wasting JJ if they move on from KC,  well what about wasting JJ by continuing down this shit path of building around Cousins and Hunter... cuz it aint happening.
The way the NFL is structured with tank mentality a legit Super bowl run would happen once every 5-10 years with all tank years in between. Is that what we would want? 

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JR44" said:
So do we get to see more "highlights" of Oliver's blocks and what a mauler he is.  Two weeks in a row he is responsible for a 14 point swing in the game, brutal fumble that let to 7 for KC and then a potential TD pass through his hands.  20+ million on two TEs who have been one of the bigger factors in the 1-4 start.   
Two opposing things can be true. It can be true that Oliver is a terrific blocker and also responsible for key errors in the last two games. 

But honestly I have a bigger problem with the THREE balls that went through the hands of TJ DroppinSome. 

its the notion that this team was just a few pieces away from contending,  the sooner reality hits KAM and the Wilfs square in the ass,  the sooner they can focus on actually making moves with the focus on building a SB contender,  not just a team to win the North.  I think the focus and excitement about winning the division is for losers,   you are either in it for a SB, or you are just trying to sell tickets.  The longer they drag out this shit path, the longer its going to take to turn it around.  People talk about wasting JJ if they move on from KC,  well what about wasting JJ by continuing down this shit path of building around Cousins and Hunter... cuz it aint happening.
The way the NFL is structured with tank mentality a legit Super bowl run would happen once every 5-10 years with all tank years in between. Is that what we would want? 
where do you get your math?   a couple down years and focusing your free agency resources on younger players entering their primes to pair with your developing draft picks shouldnt be anything close to 10 years.  I would say you would be closer to 3 to 5 years,  and after nearly 50 years of not making a SB,   I could live with that.  honestly,  the way they are doing it now we really havent been a contender in over 5 years and are no where near a contender right now.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JR44" said:

where do you get your math?   a couple down years and focusing your free agency resources on younger players entering their primes to pair with your developing draft picks shouldnt be anything close to 10 years.  I would say you would be closer to 3 to 5 years,  and after nearly 50 years of not making a SB,   I could live with that.  honestly,  the way they are doing it now we really havent been a contender in over 5 years and are no where near a contender right now.
its a PFA = Plucked from my a**. 

just figuring 5 year cycle for each QB on a rookie contract.  if Qb1 doesnt cut it then 5 more years for Qb2 

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JR44" said:

its a PFA = Plucked from my a**. 

just figuring 5 year cycle for each QB on a rookie contract.  if Qb1 doesnt cut it then 5 more years for Qb2 
LOL,  I like that!!!

I certainly hope they dont give any player 5 years to prove himself,  if they arent showing promise by year 2, then IMO the replacement better be taken by year 3,  personally I wouldnt mind if they took 2 in the coming draft unless they are happy with Halls development after 1 year,  I have my doubts they are, but if they arent then get 1 in the first and look for another day 2 if there is a faller that you liked.

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JR44" said:

Agree, he was the biggest disappointment of the game and possibly of the season so far and it is just not the dropped passes and the ones that are going right through his hands, but just the complete lack of effort and physicality.  I think we all know now why he wasn't practicing, they should have cut the whiner then and now that he has his money, we see what he is really all about.  Totally looks like he packed it in.  
It's OK to be pissed at Hockenson for having a crap game, but not also believe it's because he packed it in, that he wasn't trying, that it's due to the hold out, or that the trade was a bad deal, as if he hasn't been and will continue to be a big part of this offense. 

TJH + KJO = disappointment to-date

Most of the team has played like crap, the coaching has been less than stellar and we got one win on the board because of it. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
TJH + KJO = disappointment to-date

Most of the team has played like crap, the coaching has been less than stellar and we got one win on the board because of it. 
I agree on the players, but think the coaching has been relatively good. We've lost games this season based on two things; turnovers and a lack of talent at key positions. Now we can throw injuries into that equation. I mean everybody knows it's true so I'll just say it, we are not a good team because of poor personnel management and money allocation. The real blame falls on the shoulders of ownership, their mandates, and a General Manager who has no business being in that position. It starts right at the top