• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zach Wilson is horrible
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@Greylock said:
@AGRforever said:
@Vikergirl said:
Both can be true at the same time, the Vikings and Zach Wilson can be horrible 

........but could we be horrible together?  Wilson for Cousins plus their 3rd & 4th?  If we're horrible together and could oh I don't know...win 1 game against the Packers.............
No to that trade maybe Wilson plus their 1st and a 3rd.  And throw in a defensive line guy just for the hell of it.
I thought their first was tied up with the packer conditional trade?  Maybe a 2025 1st? 
With Rodgers likely done for the season that first becomes the Jets 2nd.  It was hinged on his playing time which he won't cover now.

Lets sweeten the deal and throw in LA'S 2026 7th round pick that we gained from the Aker trade!
@medaille said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@Greylock said:
@AGRforever said:
@Vikergirl said:

........but could we be horrible together?  Wilson for Cousins plus their 3rd & 4th?  If we're horrible together and could oh I don't know...win 1 game against the Packers.............
No to that trade maybe Wilson plus their 1st and a 3rd.  And throw in a defensive line guy just for the hell of it.
I thought their first was tied up with the packer conditional trade?  Maybe a 2025 1st? 
With Rodgers likely done for the season that first becomes the Jets 2nd.  It was hinged on his playing time which he won't cover now.

Lets sweeten the deal and throw in LA'S 2026 7th round pick that we gained from the Aker trade!
Both the first and the second are tied up in the trade until
the season is over and the league won’t allow them to be part of a trade.

It likely could be if it was conditional,  say its their 2nd in 23 and first in 24,  or the first only in 23 if its available. 
The conditional part hasn’t concluded yet. Even though Rodgers won’t meet the conditions it doesn’t mean the trade is complete. So their 1st and 2nd are bound to the Packers until the season concludes. Even though we know the outcome. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@Greylock said:
@AGRforever said:
@Vikergirl said:

@medaille said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@Greylock said:
@AGRforever said:
@Vikergirl said:

Both the first and the second are tied up in the trade until
the season is over and the league won’t allow them to be part of a trade.

It likely could be if it was conditional,  say its their 2nd in 23 and first in 24,  or the first only in 23 if its available. 
The conditional part hasn’t concluded yet. Even though Rodgers won’t meet the conditions it doesn’t mean the trade is complete. So their 1st and 2nd are bound to the Packers until the season concludes. Even though we know the outcome. 
thats why I stated the trade the way I did,  make this years first conditional to it being available, if not we get their 2nd and next years first (essentially 2- 2nds when you devalue 1 round for each year removed)  I dont actually know that my solution would be acceptable,  but hey, we didnt know poison pills were a thing until they put one in a contract.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
It is really important to do their due diligence and get it right if the opportunity presents itself 
And sometimes that isn't even enough, as the drafters of Wilson, Trub, Fields, Wentz, Darnold, Lance, Rosen, etc, etc can attest. I would assume they did their due diligence. Sometimes ya just gotta get lucky. 
I notice you left Manziel off that list.
I left about a dozen off the list. 
Was referencing the due diligence part.  Browns can't use that excuse.
Ah...good point. No they can't. It was there for all willing to see.