Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Los Angeles Really A Premier Market
Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
1VikesFan is correct. Lived in So. CA my whole life.

People here go to games to take selfies, and post to Facebook to show how much better they have things than the "Jonses"
Going to games here is just used to reinforce their social media status.

The ONLY NFL fans you can find here are in the upper decks.

Fair weather fans, if "LA TEAM X" is winning they're all "fans"  if they suck ass it's baseball and wait for basketball.

Where the Chargers play this year seating is like 22,000....and there looked to be lots of seats available yesterday.
No one can fill the Coliseum, it fits like 95,000.

The nicest venue in So. CA. IMO is the Rose Bowl, not a bad seat in the house.

The new stadium looks beautiful, and it'll draw for a while, like any new shiny toy, then attendance will turn to crap when Rams & Chargers S the bed every year.

Pretty much word for word what I was gonna post. You beat me to it.

NFL owners got greedy. This was such an unbelievably dumb idea to move not one but TWO teams here. My demographic doesn't give a shit about football out here. Not in the least. Meanwhile, all my friends back in MN where I grew up are constantly buying jerseys, getting tattoos, etc.

The true fans out here, I've noticed, seem to slant more toward minorities. I've seen a lot more excitement from Hispanics towards the Rams out here, but seeing as the NFL is so overpriced now, it doesn't surprise me that they're having trouble getting that demographic into the stadium on game days. They'd much rather watch at a bar or at home for 1/8th the price.

So let's say in the middle of the night your wife sneaks out on your and moves out to move to another city to be with another man.  For the next 20 years she does everything that the two of you dreamed about, kids, nice home, success.  Then after her husband no longer appreciates her and the relationship grows old, she packs up and comes back to you.  If you do not care to be with her again, does that make you a bad ex-husband?  Are you suppose to jump at the chance to be with her again just cause she now wants you?

Seems like everyone loves to bash the fans in LA and also how they love to stereotype everyone who lives in LA.  Apparently, the only people who live in LA are the ones who sit in the first 3 rows of Laker games.  If anyone would bother to look in the upper decks, they'd see that they are the same type of passionate fans in every other sports city.  

What do you think fans in LA have doing the past 20 years, just waiting the Rams to come back?  A lot of the fans weren't even born or were two young to even remember.  The rest either found other teams to adopt as their team or went on to other interests.  Fans not flocking to overpay to watch the NFL are not bad fans, they are just smart fans.  

What if the Rams had moved to Minny?  The stadium would be half full if that.  Would that make Minny a bad sports city?  I live in LA, I love LA and have thoroughly enjoyed attending both professional and college sports here with awesome fans!

Quote: @"ThunderGod" said:
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/9/17/1...-usc-texas
This marked the second straight week where Rams players were greeted by a sea of empty seats. Tickets for last week’s game against the Colts were as cheap as $6, but there were few interested buyers.
They've lost how many football teams over the decades?  I'm sure there are some die-hards, but it's just different culturally in SoCal as it is in Cali as a whole. Also way more to do with the entertainment $$ than football. 

And I love California fwiw. IT fits me like a glove politically and weather-wise too.  Our son has lived there for 5 years now and I love visiting - everything but the traffic.

MN winters are too long and taxes too high. I could see us retiring on the West Coast for sure. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/9/17/1...-usc-texas
This marked the second straight week where Rams players were greeted by a sea of empty seats. Tickets for last week’s game against the Colts were as cheap as $6, but there were few interested buyers.
They've lost how many football teams over the decades?  I'm sure there are some die-hards, but it's just different culturally in SoCal as it is in Cali as a whole. Also way more to do with the entertainment $$ than football. 

And I love California fwiw. IT fits me like a glove politically and weather-wise too.  Our son has lived there for 5 years now and I love visiting - everything but the traffic.

MN winters are too long and taxes too high. I could see us retiring on the West Coast for sure. 
Good, you can buy my house, so I can move to Hawaii

Just proves how out of touch the NFL is with their fan base...LA simply is not a football town, at least where the pros are concerned... These guys continue to make money hand over fist despite themselves...Chargers will be back in SD before too long...