Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0-2
I wonder how many one score games the Eagles have to win before the media treats them like they did us last season?They have 2 now.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@medaille said:
@BigAl99 said:
I got a hunch that by the end of the season, statistically, the 22 & 23 seasons will average 8-9 records.  The number of 1 score wins will also average out.  The only positive thing is the improvement in the D, they can get a stop, last year they couldn't, hope that's not just a dead cat bounce.  
So you’re predicting that we’re going to have two very improbable
seasons back to back where every bounce will go the wrong way and we’ll end up 3-14?  Like what are the odds of 2 statistically unlikely things both happening?
 It’s really, really unlikely.

I would say last year was the improbable, 9-8 or 8-9 was the more probable.  This year with a harder schedule, how things have started and the lack of personnel up-grades we will be closer to 3-14 than 8-9 or 9-8.  So yeah I will stand by my assessment and keep cheering for the purple.   We are all aware that last years record will not directly effect this years record, but indirectly lower draft positions, harder schedule and the probable emergence of one or more NFC north teams.  I am not that optimistic and would love to be wrong.
The only way we end up closer to 3-14 than 8 or 9 wins is if Cousins misses half the season with an injury.  I just don't think anything less than 6 wins is even remotely within the realm of being realistic.  I think even if things go badly, we're still looking at 7 wins, 6 if I'm extremely pessimistic.  3, 4, or 5 wins is what you'd reserve for a team that has no redeeming qualities and generally sucks in most facets of the game, which is not us.

Quote: @medaille said:
@BigAl99 said:
@medaille said:
@BigAl99 said:
I got a hunch that by the end of the season, statistically, the 22 & 23 seasons will average 8-9 records.  The number of 1 score wins will also average out.  The only positive thing is the improvement in the D, they can get a stop, last year they couldn't, hope that's not just a dead cat bounce.  
So you’re predicting that we’re going to have two very improbable
seasons back to back where every bounce will go the wrong way and we’ll end up 3-14?  Like what are the odds of 2 statistically unlikely things both happening?
 It’s really, really unlikely.

I would say last year was the improbable, 9-8 or 8-9 was the more probable.  This year with a harder schedule, how things have started and the lack of personnel up-grades we will be closer to 3-14 than 8-9 or 9-8.  So yeah I will stand by my assessment and keep cheering for the purple.   We are all aware that last years record will not directly effect this years record, but indirectly lower draft positions, harder schedule and the probable emergence of one or more NFC north teams.  I am not that optimistic and would love to be wrong.
The only way we end up closer to 3-14 than 8 or 9 wins is if Cousins misses half the season with an injury.  I just don't think anything less than 6 wins is even remotely within the realm of being realistic.  I think even if things go badly, we're still looking at 7 wins, 6 if I'm extremely pessimistic.  3, 4, or 5 wins is what you'd reserve for a team that has no redeeming qualities and generally sucks in most facets of the game, which is not us.

Can't disagree with your optimism, as much as I enjoyed last years success, in reality I think they were realistically an 8-9 team.  Pessimistically with the turnovers and the shallow team depth I can see them being 5 games worse than that.  Their best redeeming quality is they are the team I root for.  The way both lines are getting manhandled I just can't be as optimistic as you.  I just don't want to be stuck in drafting purgatory, between 14 and 23 in the years I have remaining.  With no capital for impact FAs 

Its pretty easy as a long time disappointed fan to just be defeatist and understand that we seemingly can't have nice things in Vikingland. Honestly, its why I am less emotionally involved the last 5+ years than ever (couldn't tell by your post count, Sticky!  :p )

I really enjoy college football and basketball, gotten back into reading non-fiction (which I love) and just being outdoors in the beautiful Florida weather/water. I'm past spending emotional energy (at least too much) into a cursed franchise. I'm very fair weather now. But crankier than ever, lol!

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Its pretty easy as a long time disappointed fan to just be defeatist and understand that we seemingly can't have nice things in Vikingland. Honestly, its why I am less emotionally involved the last 5+ years than ever (couldn't tell by your post count, Sticky!  :p )

I really enjoy college football and basketball, gotten back into reading non-fiction (which I love) and just being outdoors in the beautiful Florida weather/water. I'm past spending emotional energy (at least too much) into a cursed franchise. I'm very fair weather now. But crankier than ever, lol!
ENJOY THE SEASON!

Well the vikings are getting the breaks they need. Detroit and Bears just lost. Atlanta leading but have to hold for another min

GB lost. Great!

I have no idea what is going to happen, but Minnesota is not out of the NFCN race by any stretch. Hasn't played any of them yet. There are no world beaters in the division, its very winnable. But they won't be doing it playing like they've played the first two games.