Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions! Enough said
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Regardless of anything they got the win in a game that was an expected loss for them. It wasn't pretty but they got the job done, and you can reasonably expect them to get better as the year goes on as their young players continue to improve and develop. Gibbs, LaPorta, Campbell, and Brian Branch all showed out last night. Both lines play physical. If Jameson Williams comes back and is the deep threat most expect him to be, the Lions are going to be a very difficult team to play this year. 
Um....
The big difference is I don't see this Lions team making a habit of squeeking out games or getting down 31 points at home to an awful Colts team. A win is a win, but when you make it a habit like we did last year it wasn't difficult to see the flaws 
Oh you don't see the Lions doing that. I wonder why that is. 

So you know the Lions are for real, and I guess incapable of come-from-behind victories, having witnessed 1/17th of their games? Because the team we saw last year, like the Vikings, had their fair share of blowout losses (Pats, Panthers and Cowboys) and one-score squeakers (Bears, Jets and both Packer games). 

The Lions have upgraded some areas and have some talent on their roster for the first time in ages. I fully expect them to compete for the division title. But at least TRY to be objective. The Vikings might be pretty good too. 
Because this year's Lions team in all likelihood is BETTER then last year's Vikings team. So no, I don't see them having to pull out a record number of miraculous second half wins like we did and exposing our weaknesses. That is being objective. If it ruffles your panties that I think this years Lions are a better team then our squad last year, I don't know what to tell ya. And I say that acknowledging that we might be good this year but we really have no idea. I think anyone paying attention knew the Lions were going to be good and added some impact rookies 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Regardless of anything they got the win in a game that was an expected loss for them. It wasn't pretty but they got the job done, and you can reasonably expect them to get better as the year goes on as their young players continue to improve and develop. Gibbs, LaPorta, Campbell, and Brian Branch all showed out last night. Both lines play physical. If Jameson Williams comes back and is the deep threat most expect him to be, the Lions are going to be a very difficult team to play this year. 
Um....
The big difference is I don't see this Lions team making a habit of squeeking out games or getting down 31 points at home to an awful Colts team. A win is a win, but when you make it a habit like we did last year it wasn't difficult to see the flaws 

So you know the Lions are for real, and I guess incapable of come-from-behind victories, having witnessed 1/17th of their games? Because the team we saw last year, like the Vikings, had their fair share of blowout losses (Pats, Panthers and Cowboys) and one-score squeakers (Bears, Jets and both Packer games). 

The Lions have upgraded some areas and have some talent on their roster for the first time in ages. I fully expect them to compete for the division title. But at least TRY to be objective. The Vikings might be pretty good too. 
Because this year's Lions team in all likelihood is BETTER then last year's Vikings team. So no, I don't see them having to pull out a record number of miraculous second half wins like we did and exposing our weaknesses. That is being objective. If it ruffles your panties that I think this years Lions are a better team then our squad last year, I don't know what to tell ya. And I say that acknowledging that we might be good this year but we really have no idea. I think anyone paying attention knew the Lions were going to be good and added some impact rookies 
Well then I guess it's a good thing last year's Viking team doesn't have to play this year's Lions team. Personally, I want to see the Vikings play a game or two, and the Lions play a few more, before I start making declarations. I think you're ignoring potential improvements on the Vikings squad and ignoring potential flaws on the Lions. But I guess that's not surprising. 

@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Um....

Well then I guess it's a good thing last year's Viking team doesn't have to play this year's Lions team. Personally, I want to see the Vikings play a game or two, and the Lions play a few more, before I start making declarations. I think you're ignoring potential improvements on the Vikings squad and ignoring potential flaws on the Lions. But I guess that's not surprising. 
I don't think it takes a whole lot to see barring injury this Lions team is going to be really good. I think they've clearly made upgrades to a good team last season as we saw against KC. I'm not so sure the Vikings have upgraded much outside of Addison over Thielen (probably). I guess we don't have to wait long to find out though...

Excuse me, this is the Lions we are talking about, right?

Quote: @"FLVike" said:
Excuse me, this is the Lions we are talking about, right?
Yes and there are some that jumped on the bandwagon. The media is loving on them. There is always a team that serves this purpose. Time will tell how it plays out. They won a game. Good for them. They are 1 and 0, kudos. We will see how they do the next 16. I can see they have a solid OL and really good defense. They are probably going to be in contention for the division. But I can also see flaws as well. Huge piece is lack of experience winning. I understand and appreciate their enthusiasm and hunger but it is way too early to crown them. Responding to adversity and riding the wave will show how they end up 

We can count the Chiefs as a win if they throw 5 balls to Toney!

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Um....

I don't think it takes a whole lot to see barring injury this Lions team is going to be really good. I think they've clearly made upgrades to a good team last season as we saw against KC. I'm not so sure the Vikings have upgraded much outside of Addison over Thielen (probably). I guess we don't have to wait long to find out though...
You know why everyone is always wrong about the NFL? Because they look at last year's teams, consider the additions and subtractions and make a call. They do this because it's easy. And they don't have time to do a real analysis that would involve organic improvements, continuity, injuries, returns from injury, and the like. 

https://twitter.com/Krauserrific/status/...08273?s=20
I know Doogie was only reporting what he knew at the time, but this is Bullshit. We clearly saw that video in the War Room where KOC had to beg and plead with Kwesi not to make the trade to move down and insisted they take Addison. Thankfully KOC got his way. 

Quote: @"TBro" said:
I know Doogie was only reporting what he knew at the time, but this is Bullshit. We clearly saw that video in the War Room where KOC had to beg and plead with Kwesi not to make the trade to move down and insisted they take Addison. Thankfully KOC got his way. 
I heard security had to come and pull them apart. 

https://youtu.be/xYptU4uVyM4?si=c-Hs2aZutKVZXIrM

@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Um....

Um.....