Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Football Draft Weekend...
How did everybody do in their league drafts over the weekend? I've been playing in two leagues for a while now and a little unsure this year. Seems like a lot of players I had my eye on got swooped up a pick or two ahead of me. Both ten team leagues. Ended up picking 5th in one draft and took Ekeler (PPR) and drafted 2nd in my other league and took Jamar Chase, so hoping Burrows calf holds up. 

I've got Hockenson in both leagues and took a few flyers on rooks including Addison and Gibbs. Hoping for big things out of our offense this season..

I had no intention of taking a studs and duds strategy, but that's sorta what I ended up with. Herbert, Pollard, Garrett Wilson, Waller, Addison, Dameon Pierce, Rachaad White...and a bunch of crap. Really wanted a deeper roster with a bunch of mid-level gems like C Watson, Aiyuk, Ridley, J Cook, Dotson, but cut my throat by getting into a bidding war for Pollard. 

I got Addison and Mattison. Passed on Hockenson and already regretting it. He went pretty early though. Wound up with Tyler Pigbee and Juwan Johnson late. 

Rest of the team is Ekeler, AJ Brown, Josh Allen, Etienne, and a bunch of bums. My league is pretty competitive without a real dominant team year to year so hard to say if I’ll be any good. Was glad to land a couple Vikes though. I’m not sold on Mattison’s NFL talent but he should get the ball enough to be useful fantasy-wise. Hoping Addison will be startable at some point— preferably sooner!

Edit- Got Thielen in the 15th round too ha. Maybe he’s still got a few TDs left in him. 

16 member/drafted live/local diehard/$300 entry league
league's been going 28 yrs!  Have a blast every year. Won it once when I had Aaron Rogers/Matt Forte/Jimmy Graham when they all had yuge years
had to report the winnings on my taxes, lol

I selected 12th (out of 16)  took TJ first and Gibbs on the reach around. The guys laughed when I took Hock first, but im good with it
Kirk Cousins QBMIN13TBSun 12:00pm CTStarter
Jahmyr Gibbs RBDET9@KCThu 7:20pm CTStarter
DeAndre HopkinsWRTEN7@NOSun 12:00pm CTStarter
Drake London WRATL11CARSun 12:00pm CTStarter
Christian WatsonWRGB6@CHISun 3:25pm CTStarter
T.J. Hockenson TEMINQ13TBSun 12:00pm CTStarter
Daniel CarlsonKLV13@DENSun 3:25pm CTStarter
Baltimore RavensD/STBAL13HOUSun 12:00pm CTStarter
Jordan LoveQBGB6@CHISun 3:25pm CTBench
Ty ChandlerRBMIN13TBSun 12:00pm CTBench
Deon Jackson RBIND11JAXSun 12:00pm CTBench
Devin SingletaryRBHOU7@BALSun 12:00pm CTBench
Nathaniel DellWRHOU7@BALSun 12:00pm CTBench
Jaxon Smith-Njigba WRSEAQ5LARSun 3:25pm CTBench
Irv Smith Jr.TECIN7@CLESun 12:00pm CTBench
not bad?  I'm jacked for the ff season

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I had no intention of taking a studs and duds strategy, but that's sorta what I ended up with. Herbert, Pollard, Garrett Wilson, Waller, Addison, Dameon Pierce, Rachaad White...and a bunch of crap. Really wanted a deeper roster with a bunch of mid-level gems like C Watson, Aiyuk, Ridley, J Cook, Dotson, but cut my throat by getting into a bidding war for Pollard. 
I think Wilson is going to explode this year. I had a chance to grab him in one league but opted for Lamb instead. Kind of kicking myself about it after the fact 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
I got Addison and Mattison. Passed on Hockenson and already regretting it. He went pretty early though. Wound up with Tyler Pigbee and Juwan Johnson late. 

Rest of the team is Ekeler, AJ Brown, Josh Allen, Etienne, and a bunch of bums. My league is pretty competitive without a real dominant team year to year so hard to say if I’ll be any good. Was glad to land a couple Vikes though. I’m not sold on Mattison’s NFL talent but he should get the ball enough to be useful fantasy-wise. Hoping Addison will be startable at some point— preferably sooner!

Edit- Got Thielen in the 15th round too ha. Maybe he’s still got a few TDs left in him. 
One of the big problems with my team last year was trying to get production out of the TE position. I rolled the dice on Kyle Pitts, he was awful, and I couldn't get production from any TE. I wanted to make sure that wasn't the case this year and took Hock, who I hope has a great season after getting the contract done. 

I am in a dynasty superflex league so it ends up being a rookie draft for the most part. I took Anthony Richardson with the 3rd pick. Bijan and Addison went before me.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
I am in a dynasty superflex league so it ends up being a rookie draft for the most part. I took Anthony Richardson with the 3rd pick. Bijan and Addison went before me.
Richardson could pay off huge. Without Taylor, he's going to get a lot of goal line carries. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"kmillard" said:
Richardson could pay off huge. Without Taylor, he's going to get a lot of goal line carries. 
I am hoping he can produce at the 2nd QB slot at some point this year. Maybe I will go all out and start him this week. MY QB depth chart IS Russel Wilson, J Love, Geno, AR, and Kyler (IR). Going to be interesting.