Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The art of it all...
I think the way the game is played today (CFB) its to easy to make these qb's look good...

How many games have we seen already where these guys are in conversations for taking that NFL next step?

My point being; the artful translation of projecting a CFB QB as to what he can do against an NFL D is getting harder to do. 

And btw, I dont like all this transfer shit going on now. Maybe it'll grow on me over time?

[Image: il_fullxfull.3860048966_6lzy.jpg]

Its always been hard to determine if a college QB will translate to the NFL. WRers get so open in CFB. Talent disparity can give you a skewed look. Scheme can make a huge difference. 

@"purplefaithful" said:
Quote:
I think the way the game is played today (CFB) its to easy to make these qb's look good...

You mean you don't get this kind of protection in the NFL? :-)

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...41614?s=20

Quote: And btw, I dont like all this transfer shit going on now. Maybe it'll grow on me over time?

[Image: il_fullxfull.3860048966_6lzy.jpg]
Great for the players, terrible for fans and the Universities. The kids are essentially free agents every year and can transfer to the highest bidding NIL deal anytime they want. College football is killing themselves with the NIL with zero regulation and conference realignment. Traditional rivalries...gone! It will essentially be two power conferences with all the others becoming irrelevant. It really is all about the money now and you can't tell me there's not a happy medium in there somewhere that works for everyone. Right now, this isn't it..

For instance Coach Prime just came out and said other universities were offering Travis Hunter NIL deals in the realm of 1.5 million dollars to lure him to their schools. This is what coaches are now having to deal with EVERY offseason and you can not tell me it's good for the game of college football. 

It has always been about money except now players have more of a say. The unending greed of the NCAA lead to some pushback from the players, it was inevitable that it got kicked up several notches 

bye bye Gopher football.  kinda sad that PJ brought some excitement back just in time to watch it all collapse.  he will get some money,  but not like the top 10 schools will see.  the NCAA might was well blow up the college game and create a few more classes besides FCS an BCS because this is going to only get worse.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7JU84gXsAAZgo0?format=jpg&name=small

College football is basically a minor league for the NFL anyway