Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN: Addison thriving in training camp
https://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-viki...ld-be-here

MmmmHmmmm this is nice stuff. Talented kid. Just need to see that slight frame hold up in the NFL and I'm 100% on board. 

High praise from Addison's WR coach:"You see the suddenness, the slight movement to set guys up as the true
great route runners always do," McCardell said. "They very seldom exert a
lot of energy to set a guy up. It's just a subtle move naturally to get
into a position. Whether it's his outside shoulder to break out, or
inside shoulder to break in, or getting in the defender's blind spots.
He knows that already as a route runner, which will vault him so far
ahead of a lot of guys in this league in his class."

I hope it's real. If it is, it's huge. Is it still possible that real football starts and Addison proves too small to defeat press consistently? Yes. Is it still possible he's still too green to unseat KJO for WR2? Yeah, probably. 

But I think most of us have been doing this long enough to know the difference between real camp buzz and bullshit Kyries Hebert buzz. This seems real. Like an-upgrade-to-Thielen real. And that would be huge for this offense. 

Now if we can just get Nailor healthy, a WR room of JJ-KJO-Addison-Nailor and...dare I say...Harry(?!) could be pretty damn solid.

Dunno gang - lets hope that 175 holds up.

ive eaten burritos that weighed more

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Dunno gang - lets hope that 175 holds up.

ive eaten burritos that weighed more
Gonna need pictures VGuard!  LOL

Devonta Smith is an inch taller and the same weight and he's been a very good WR the past two years.  He's also a smooth route runner like Addison.  

The NFL is changing, you rarely get crushed over the middle and if you do, it's a flag.  If his route running is as advertised, guys are gonna have a tough time squaring him up.  I'm not worried about it. He'll probably add some muscle as he matures and gets into an NFL weight program.

Addison does things rookies don't normally do...  from the camp highlights and that catch above, he's gonna be a good one for us.  Always huge if your 1st rounder can be a Day 1 contributor and I feel pretty confident Addison will be one.  Kirk is gonna have a lot of weapons with JJ, KJ, Addison, and Hock.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I hope it's real. If it is, it's huge. Is it still possible that real football starts and Addison proves too small to defeat press consistently? Yes. Is it still possible he's still too green to unseat KJO for WR2? Yeah, probably. 

But I think most of us have been doing this long enough to know the difference between real camp buzz and bullshit Kyries Hebert buzz. This seems real. Like an-upgrade-to-Thielen real. And that would be huge for this offense. 

Now if we can just get Nailor healthy, a WR room of JJ-KJO-Addison-Nailor and...dare I say...Harry(?!) could be pretty damn solid.
Route running seems to be the thing that has set apart the last 3 Viking stud WRs (diggs, AT and JJ).  So I am hopeful it will translate.