1st Unofficial Depth Chart - Lots new on D
Quote: @"medaille" said:
Not that PFF is the end all, be all, but just for comparison sake, in 2022:

P2:  80.7
Dantzler:  63.1

Murphy:  66.7
Evans:  47.2
Booth:  45.3

Evans took <15% of our snaps last year and was behind 4 other CBs in terms of snap count, and all 4 aren't here anymore.  If he couldn't beat them out then, why is he better than them now?  Booth looks like he's going to need another rookie year to come up to speed.
I think Peterson's PFF score benefitted from all those picks. Like I said, he had a bounce back year. But he still couldn't be trusted in man. I think Murphy is a better, more versatile player who tended to do best against the NFL's best receivers. You can put him outside or in the slot. And he's a terrific blitzer as well.

You know who had the highest PFF score for the Vikings? Duke Shelley. And the Vikings wouldn't even spend $700K to bring him back. 

I just loved what I saw from Evans, mostly in the preseason, but also when he finally got a chance to start against the Commanders. Sticky coverage, played the run well.

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
Still makes me wonder why management was so eager to cut Duke loose after last year. He'd clearly be in the mix, but supposedly didn't possess the ideal measurables. Then we go and pick up Ivan Pace... 
Yea that was a big surprise...not signing Duke Shelley.  I thought he played well for a shitty scheme and defense.  

Also, kind of like D'Smith, Hicks started out playing pretty well and then quickly faded by game 6 or 7.  I am surprised he is still on the team.  I expected a complete LB overhaul.  Our overall front 7 looks very weak to me.  In turn that will make the back 4 look like crap as well.  If we can get one or two of our defensive players to step up and with Flores I can see some hope for improvement but I don't count on it.  We were CAP restricted so I know we couldn't afford to make big FA moves but overall I think we had an OK offseason.