Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of the best interviews I've heard - Mattison
I was catching up on Vikings.com videos this morning...happened upon the Dan Barreiro interview with Alexander Mattison.

https://www.vikings.com/video/mattison-on-being-the-starter-i-want-to-prove-the-organization-right

What impressed me was how articulate Mattison was.  He's well-spoken, has a good perspective, and ends up coming across as a positive, intelligent person.
Not living in Minnesota, I don't have the opportunity to listen to Barreiro (KFAN?).  But he is a very good interviewer...good questions and followup.

He talks about his new #1 position, the RB position in the NFL overall, his personal relationship with Dalvin and what he learned from him, his coaches over time who told him how to run, his personal style (getting stronger as the game goes on), being a little kid having fun, how long he has been in love with the game (and the 3 RB's that he studied growing up), Danielle Hunter's return, what kind of coaching resonates best with him, his newly discovered views on Cousins (from the Netflix show...stuff he did NOT know)...and more.  Some really good questions by Barreiro.