Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN: Cousins all-in while facing uncertain future

this stood out for me:

For nearly 30 minutes, according to people who were in the room, Cousins spoke passionately about his routine, his work outside the building and the level of dedication that viewers of "Quarterback" got a glimpse of.
"You could hear a pin drop in there," O'Connell said.
"An unbelievable message just about as what he defines as success," special teams coordinator Matt Daniels said, "what it takes to be in the league for a such a long time and what you need to do to stay in it."
Receiver K.J. Osborn said the speech imparted "how serious he is about his craft" and added: "Seeing him every day makes me want to elevate my game as well."
I think I am going to end-up regretting Cousins didnt get to play more for KOC during his tenure here. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
this stood out for me:I think I am going to end-up regretting Cousins didnt get to play more for KOC during his tenure here. 
Its perspective. Kirk is now at this point in his career ready to elevate his game in ways that KOC has helped facilitate. He may not have been mentally receptive earlier in his career. Right time and right place kind of thing. I think that Zimmer, in a much less communicative and productive way, kind of alluded to Cousins' lack of 'pulling the trigger' that we saw Kirk really do for the first time last year. It was his rep coming into Minnesota. 

Kirk still doesn't always throw guys open....guys need to be OPEN, then he throws it. I think the new regime would like a guy with more mobility and one that is more mentally resilient in the way Mahomes is instead of getting stuck on mistakes and beating himself up the way we saw Cousins do on 'Quarterback'. We saw some of the dialogue between KOC and Cousins on the sidelines and the paraphrased version IMO was 'Hey, Kirk....shake it off, next play man'. That isn't Kirk's default mode. Kirk's excellence comes from toughness, preparation and underrated passing ability.