Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Vikings done, and did they draft backward?
Do we have any picks left, and how did they get 141?

As for the picks they have made, if the order had been
23 Addison
102 Roy
134 Hall
141 Blackmon
164 Ward

there would be a lot less bitching going on.  I'm not doing cartwheels but I'm not throwing things either.

They pick 5th (#222) in the 7th round still.

Let me help you...

I feel better throwing Hock on that list for second round

Youre Welcome

I thought (and still think) Hall was the outlier. Darius Rush was still available. I thought that was the pick.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
Let me help you...

I feel better throwing Hock on that list for second round

Youre Welcome
Dudes going to be 26 before the season starts.  Waste of a pick.

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
I thought (and still think) Hall was the outlier. Darius Rush was still available. I thought that was the pick.
Hall was drafted because Flores likes players who are versatile. Since the draft ended, I've been wondering if Hall will replace Bynum or Metellus on the roster.

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
@"dadevike" said:
Hall was drafted because Flores likes players who are versatile. Since the draft ended, I've been wondering if Hall will replace Bynum or Metellus on the roster.
You me Ward?  Hall is the QB we drafted.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"Knucklehead" said:
@"dadevike" said:
Damn those senior moments!

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"Knucklehead" said:
@"dadevike" said:
He said, "Flores likes players who are versatile". 
Been there done that Knuckle. I know the feeling.
It would be a big plus if Hall could replace one of those players.

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
@"dadevike" said:
Yes, sorry, I meant Ward, not Hall.  I liked the Hall pick. In fact, I liked every pick other than the Ward pick. When they announced the Ward pick I was surprised. Then I thought maybe the NFL is down on Rush. NFL teams have more info and insight on these players than the folks who publish mock drafts and big boards. Maybe Rush is not a fit for the NFL. Then Rush was the next DB picked just a few picks after we took Ward. Oops. 

I will support Ward and hope he becomes a great player for the Vikings. But I am always leery of those who think they know more than anyone/everyone else. I get that he is versatile, but sometimes that's just another way of saying "jack of all trades, master of none."