Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagles Kick DGB To The Curb
So tempting with those measurables...

Dont know if they'd consider bringing him down to Mankato or not. Probably not if they think Floyd is still salvageable. 

I would be ok lining up DGB AND MOBO at the goal line I think...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rankin...s-cut-him/

7. Minnesota VikingsI'm a pretty big fan of the Vikings' receivers. Adam Thielen shocked everyone last year with a 967-yard season. And Stefon Diggs added in 903 yards in 13 games. But, like most teams, they're lacking depth. 
The Vikings could be a playoff contender in 2017 if they can stay healthy. That's why I like the idea of bringing in DGB for what is essentially a summer tryout. 

Quote: @"Irish Jim" said:
I would be ok lining up DGB AND MOBO at the goal line I think...
That's what Rudolph and Hodges are here for.  And isn't Floyd 6'3 as well?

With Floyd already here (for however many games) and far more proven than DGB, I think this is a non-starter.  And though hardly DGB's size, we keep forgetting that Jarius Wright is still breathing and a competent WR too.

I think the Vikings approach is going to be to sort out Treadwell/Floyd/Wright as the 3/4/5 WR's, with Adams being a 6th "WR" to return kicks. The Vikings are too busy trying to save their own highly drafted WR from busting to take on someone else's as well.

I think if we wanted to get a DGB-esque reclamation project, we'd just have kept Patterson.  I'm not sure what DGB offers our team over Wright.

Ex-Eagles WR Dorial Green-Beckham passed through waivers unclaimed.
He's now an unrestricted free agent. The 40th overall pick in the 2015 draft, Green-Beckham has experienced a dramatic and steep fall with no teams willing to even bring him to camp at his $944K base salary. Green-Beckham should resurface on a minimum-salary deal, but he can now officially be declared a bust. After a discouraging 2016 season in Philadelphia, Green-Beckham reportedly turned in a pathetic performance at Eagles OTAs and minicamp, loafing and making repeated mistakes. His heart was never in it.
Related: EaglesTitans