Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins Trade Rumors
Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Interesting tidbit I just found

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/statu...JzdqCkyrAA&s=19
Yeah, the tea leaves have been suggesting this since his surgery in early March. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@1VikesFan said:

Interesting. I know timeframes can be tricky, but it went from 6 months to now potentially missing an entire season.

Wow. Yeah that is interesting and judging by that bionic sling he's in, if I were the Niners I'd definitely be having some concerns. I also agree with whoever said it-- I think @MaroonBells -- that Purdy has only started a few games. He looks good but coupled with the low draft capital spent, I'm not sure I'd be ready to hand him the keys to the Lambo just yet. If they don't think he can go in 2023 then the Kirk rumors (or the Brady ones) do start to make more sense from San Fran's standpoint. Still not really sure how it'd make sense for Minnesota unless our FO really believes Lance can be a franchise QB, which also implies they think themselves smarter than the team trading him.

That's the biggest thing right there. Darnold obviously isn't the answer. Lance is a 3rd year QB they burned three 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder to get. And he's completely healthy. That he's not the presumptive starter in San Francisco--EVEN IF Purdy were healthy--probably tells us all we need to know.

Really makes me wonder why the 49ers were in such a rush to dump Jimmy G. He is not a serviceable QB, and far better than what they're looking at with a gimp and a guy that got lapped by by said Gimp and Jimmy last year. They're in a win it now phase, and might not have the key to start the engine.

10 highest paid QBs in the NFL. There are at least 3 QBs on this list I would not take over Cousins. Rodgers, Jones and Stafford. Three others are iffy due to age and mobility, but each has his own issues: Murray, Watson and Prescott. What say you? 

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/16...74688?s=20

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@1VikesFan said:

Interesting. I know timeframes can be tricky, but it went from 6 months to now potentially missing an entire season.

Wow. Yeah that is interesting and judging by that bionic sling he's in, if I were the Niners I'd definitely be having some concerns. I also agree with whoever said it-- I think @MaroonBells -- that Purdy has only started a few games. He looks good but coupled with the low draft capital spent, I'm not sure I'd be ready to hand him the keys to the Lambo just yet. If they don't think he can go in 2023 then the Kirk rumors (or the Brady ones) do start to make more sense from San Fran's standpoint. Still not really sure how it'd make sense for Minnesota unless our FO really believes Lance can be a franchise QB, which also implies they think themselves smarter than the team trading him.
It's all about windows.  SF is in the middle of their's now.  We are not but could be in a year or two.  

It will come down to cap space to reload the defense and quality drafting with more picks. 

Which is the Lance deal.  You get a young guy who would be a top 5 prospect coming into this draft on a still relatively cheap deal with A LOT of upside and the potential to add a pick or two in dealing for him.  So 2 new defensive young guys, a mobile QB to groom, and cap space PUTS you in a position to have a window with the likes of JJ, Darrisaw, TJ, Hunter, etc.

Keeping Cousins at this rate does not.  Even if Cousins took his salary down to Lance levels, I'm still not sure it is a good deal.  

That's why it makes sense

Lance, Cap Space, 2nd, 3rd (giving us 2x) for Cousins is what this team needs to revamp the roster and compete in the next 3-5 years to come

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@1VikesFan said:

That's the biggest thing right there. Darnold obviously isn't the answer. Lance is a 3rd year QB they burned three 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder to get. And he's completely healthy. That he's not the presumptive starter in San Francisco--EVEN IF Purdy were healthy--probably tells us all we need to know.
Well, he is the presumptive starter right now and sometimes decisions are based on timing and fit. Right now, Kirk Cousins would be a better QB for them, and Lance might be a better fit for us long term. The fact that Lance got hurt last season might be to our benefit as we could get him cheaper or even at all. I wouldn't consider any interest the 49ers may have right now in Cousins as a slight on Lance. 

How about instead of a Cousins for Lance deal, do a Cousins for Purdy deal, or hell Cousins for both of them?

10 highest paid QBs in the NFL. There are at least 3 QBs on this list I would not take over Cousins. Rodgers, Jones and Stafford. Three others are iffy due to age and mobility, but each has his own issues: Murray, Watson and Prescott. What say you? 

Taking where each of them are at this stage in their career, I would take Cousins over everyone on that list other than Mahomes, Allen and Hurts and Hurts only because of his age.

Danny dimes being on that list that high is a joke. Gmen will regret it. 

No way I would want Murray at that price either. 

Give me Mahomes b4 any of em. I think Stafford best days are behind him and I am so glad the Cowboys have Prescott.