Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISJ is a Bengal...
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
Beyond always being hurt, I'm just not sure Irv is any good. He's flashed at times for sure but so has OJ Howard and plenty of highly-touted others who haven't panned out. Low-risk move for the Bengals but very glad to have Hockenson on this team.
When you see what Hock did his first game in KOC's offense, and wonder where that was from Irv, I completely agree.  Had some physical talent, but if it never comes out in a game, it just isn't going to.
I wouldn't put ISJ on Hockenson's level, but I would put him just below. ISJ never really got a chance. He was behind Rudy for two years, then when it was finally his show, he got hurt. And then got hurt again. If he stays healthy this year, I think Viking fans are going to be very surprised by what he does in Cincy. 
fixed it for ya!

The reality never matched the hype.  He can probably make a career bouncing around as a 2nd string TE.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
Beyond always being hurt, I'm just not sure Irv is any good. He's flashed at times for sure but so has OJ Howard and plenty of highly-touted others who haven't panned out. Low-risk move for the Bengals but very glad to have Hockenson on this team.
When you see what Hock did his first game in KOC's offense, and wonder where that was from Irv, I completely agree.  Had some physical talent, but if it never comes out in a game, it just isn't going to.
I wouldn't put ISJ on Hockenson's level, but I would put him just below. ISJ never really got a chance. He was behind Rudy for two years, then when it was finally his show, he got hurt. And then got hurt again. If he stays healthy this year, I think Viking fans are going to be very surprised by what he does in Cincy. 
If he does, good for him and good for them.  I wouldn't put ISJ on much of any level yet as he hasn't done much of anything yet.  Whatever he does from here on is just gravy.
I don't think you guys saw him at Alabama, nor do you remember his 2nd season when he scored 5 TDs as a TE2. Or his training camp and preseason in '21 before the injury. That's what I base this on. But I'm not trying to convince anyone. He's not a Viking anymore so I couldn't care less what he does. I just think in a couple years we'll be revisiting this thread. :-)

Wish him luck but won't miss him. He had some decent games for the Vikes, just not nearly enough of them.

He's 6'2 242lbs.  

At the NFL level a TE that size isn't gonna dominate.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
If he does, good for him and good for them.  I wouldn't put ISJ on much of any level yet as he hasn't done much of anything yet.  Whatever he does from here on is just gravy.
I don't think you guys saw him at Alabama, nor do you remember his 2nd season when he scored 5 TDs as a TE2. Or his training camp and preseason in '21 before the injury. That's what I base this on. But I'm not trying to convince anyone. He's not a Viking anymore so I couldn't care less what he does. I just think in a couple years we'll be revisiting this thread. :-)
Lots of college stars never make the jump.  Agree that it matters not, just don't see his trajectory changing much.

Took awhile to even place the initials

Meeeeeah

Decent back up TE---just don't bank on him being available say late November or so.