Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ham staying with extension

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
I’m offically lost. I figured we were headed towards no Ham and more 2TE sets with the Oliver signing?
Special teams captain. And I could see Ham and Oliver replacing Hockenson in heavy packages. That screams run, but both Ham and Oliver are pretty good receivers.

Time for some Bijan?
1. BIJAN ROBINSON, TEXAS (JUNIOR | 6-0, 220)
  • 2022 Grade: 95.2
  • Play Style: Offensive Focal Point
  • Initial Round Projection: 1st
Robinson's talent level is what many NFL offenses build around. Even the biggest running back haters here at PFF recognize the value he brings to the table. I wrote all about exactly why that is earlier this season. The SparkNotes version: He has ideal size, breaks tackles at a rate we’ve never seen and can pass as a wide receiver in a pinch.
Bijan is simply capable of things other running backs in this class can only dream of. The way he sinks out of his cuts is reminiscent of a race car banking around a turn. He finished with 104 broken tackles this season — a PFF college record.

Robinson is a special prospect.
Time for some Tyjae! Get him a round later and he's almost as good. Hell, he might be better. 

https://twitter.com/JimNagy_SB/status/16...35937?s=20
The issue with Tyjae:

Weaknesses
  • Average recognition and imagination as a runner.
  • Tends to lack early pace and decisiveness.
  • Doesn’t have much run-through power in his legs.
  • Hands are slippery and unsure as pass-catcher.
  • Significant knee injury history will require examination.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
This is all I got:

https://zonecoverage.com/2023/minnesota-...igh-issue/

That was a Skor North podcast topics very recently.  Forget which one but pretty much exactly this article.  Somebody scooped it from somebody.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
I’m offically lost. I figured we were headed towards no Ham and more 2TE sets with the Oliver signing?
Special teams captain. And I could see Ham and Oliver replacing Hockenson in heavy packages. That screams run, but both Ham and Oliver are pretty good receivers.

Time for some Bijan?
1. BIJAN ROBINSON, TEXAS (JUNIOR | 6-0, 220)
  • 2022 Grade: 95.2
  • Play Style: Offensive Focal Point
  • Initial Round Projection: 1st
Robinson's talent level is what many NFL offenses build around. Even the biggest running back haters here at PFF recognize the value he brings to the table. I wrote all about exactly why that is earlier this season. The SparkNotes version: He has ideal size, breaks tackles at a rate we’ve never seen and can pass as a wide receiver in a pinch.
Bijan is simply capable of things other running backs in this class can only dream of. The way he sinks out of his cuts is reminiscent of a race car banking around a turn. He finished with 104 broken tackles this season — a PFF college record.

Robinson is a special prospect.
Time for some Tyjae! Get him a round later and he's almost as good. Hell, he might be better. 

https://twitter.com/JimNagy_SB/status/16...35937?s=20
The issue with Tyjae:

Weaknesses
  • Average recognition and imagination as a runner.
  • Tends to lack early pace and decisiveness.
  • Doesn’t have much run-through power in his legs.
  • Hands are slippery and unsure as pass-catcher.
  • Significant knee injury history will require examination.
You can do that with all of 'em. Here's Bijan's:
  • Might need to quicken operation time against speedy NFL defenses.
  • Occasionally looks to better deal run lanes when he should be finishing.
  • Needs to run with a more decisive plant-and-go mentality.
  • Needs more consistent urgency in pass protection duties.
Not saying Spears is a better back than Bijan. Just that he might be a better value. 

I think the position is just so devalued right now.  You’re so much better off investing in the
passing game, and I think investing in an OLine that works well for both pass
protection and run blocking, just feels like a way to really solve both problems
with 1 player.  OL is going to have a
long productive career.  Furthermore,
Dalvin Cook has been a very good back this whole time, but I’m not really that
confident we can say that he’s that much worth it over a Mattison plus a 1st
or 2nd round pick at a more premium position.  How much better would a RB prospect have to
be to change that equation?