Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
San Francisco’s No #1 Defense Adds Hargrave & more Free Agency Notes
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:
Well there is the answer. Again, Washington is the team that makes the most sense in a potential Cousins trade. 
the optics of that move for The Commanders wouldn't be very pretty Wink

Kinda reminiscent of Fran going back to Minny?

I just dont see the Vikings doing any more with KC now then let him play out this season. 

I think it makes all the sense in the world and its somewhere Cousins would likely waive his no trade clause to go back to, especially since they have the cap space to rework his deal. That Redskins team has a really good roster, they just can't get any kind of consistent play at QB and I think Sam Howell is the only one on their roster currently. The smart money says this is it for Rivera and that front office, so trading for a veteran makes more sense than trying to move up in the draft for a rookie and mortgaging the future. Geoff thinks we could get a package of picks for Cousins including a high pick (1st or 2nd round). If we let Kirk play out his contract and he walks next offseason, we would likely only get a late 3rd round comp pick in return. So again, if we won't meet his guaranteed money demands....trade him, it's that simple. We gain nothing holding on to him and trying to make another run for this one upcoming season. 
Who's then going to be the triggerman here and now?

What are the optics of that to JJ and Hock who both still need to be extended? 

I'm still in therapy over Ponder, Freeman, Frerotte, Bradford, Keenum and crew @ QB, I dont want to go back to that merry go round or necessarily help an NFC team get off their QB merry go round. I hope the commanders swirl for another decade. 

Ideally for me? They have conviction for one of the QB's in the draft this year, go get him and let him sit behind Cousins for a year or so. 

Well there is the answer. Again, Washington is the team that makes the most sense in a potential Cousins trade. 
AGAIN?  Washington never made the most sense,   likely still doesn't.  They are the 4th best team in their division,  they need more than just a QB,  however Kirk would make them more competitive,   but there is the matter of danny still being the owner out there and I have my doubts Kirk would ever want to play for him again,  and he does have to approve of the destination.  They may be willing to take him off our hands,   but I doubt they would give up much compensation and I doubt Kirk approves it anyway.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
AGAIN?  Washington never made the most sense,   likely still doesn't.  They are the 4th best team in their division,  they need more than just a QB,  however Kirk would make them more competitive,   but there is the matter of danny still being the owner out there and I have my doubts Kirk would ever want to play for him again,  and he does have to approve of the destination.  They may be willing to take him off our hands,   but I doubt they would give up much compensation and I doubt Kirk approves it anyway.
Why would Washington not make sense? The team is for sale and Snyder will not be the owner much longer, so that is a non-factor. They make the most sense out of the teams left if there were a trade to be made for Cousins IMO. Familiarity for Cousins to waive the no trade clause, cap space to rework his contract, draft picks to actually make the trade, and most importantly there's the desperation factor with the quarterback market drying up and they are not in position to draft one of the big studs this year. I highly doubt anything happens as it would be very un-viking like, but Washington would make sense.

@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
Why would Washington not make sense? The team is for sale and Snyder will not be the owner much longer, so that is a non-factor. They make the most sense out of the teams left if there were a trade to be made for Cousins IMO. Familiarity for Cousins to waive the no trade clause, cap space to rework his contract, draft picks to actually make the trade, and most importantly there's the desperation factor with the quarterback market drying up and they are not in position to draft one of the big studs this year. I highly doubt anything happens as it would be very un-viking like, but Washington would make sense.
I dont see him waving that trade clause for the WTF.