Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misc. Thoughts: post mortem
Call me crazy, it wouldn't be the first time but I am kind of looking forward to seeing some turnover. It is needed and overdue for some. I am curious about seeing how things work out moving forward and where they go from here 

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
Agree on all of this.

KOC should seriously consider handing the play calling off to Phillips.

Defense needs an innovative coach to begin it's overhaul. 
I couldn’t disagree more on KOC calling plays. I’m sick of our OCs getting poached and having to start again. 

Stick with Koc because he’s going to be here until the whole thing reboots after our first super bowl win. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
Agree on all of this.

KOC should seriously consider handing the play calling off to Phillips.

Defense needs an innovative coach to begin it's overhaul. 
I couldn’t disagree more on KOC calling plays. I’m sick of our OCs getting poached and having to start again. 

Stick with Koc because he’s going to be here until the whole thing reboots after our first super bowl win. 

Couple of things:

1.  https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-nick-sirianni-explains-why-he-gave-play-calling
  2. Sean McVay calls the plays for the Rams but has lost multiple offensive coaches to head coaching jobs:  LaFleur, Zac Taylor and KOC.  If the Vikings have the kind of offensive success we all envision, they will still lose OCs.  Yes, the play caller will stay but success means coaching turnover.