Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terms of TJH trade - now that season is over
After Vikings loss, conditions of T.J. Hockenson trade are finalized

The Minnesota Vikings saw their season end on Sunday with a 31-24 loss to the New York Giants in the Wild Card round and that finalized their trade with the Detroit Lions for T.J. Hockenson. The Detroit Lions will send a fourth-round pick in 2024 to the Vikings to complete the trade.
The conditions were as follows: if the Vikings were to win a playoff game in 2022, the fourth-round pick in 2024 would have become a fifth-round pick. Because the Vikings lost, that conditional fourth-round pick stays as such.
The trade for Hockenson looks better and better as time goes on. He was exactly what this offense needed, but there is still something to be desired on the outside to pair with Justin Jefferson. The NFL draft will likely answer that for us, but a Hockenson extension is likely coming over the next few months. He is on the books in 2023 for slightly over $9 million.
https://sports.yahoo.com/vikings-loss-conditions-t-j-151500018.html

Its time to fill the need for speed at WRer to help JJ. 

[Image: tom-cruise-need-for-speed.gif]

Christian Watson would sure look good about now..

Quote: @kmillard said:
Christian Watson would sure look good about now..
This is the collaborative feel-good culture Vikings front office now.  We collaborated with Green Bay to help them feel better..  and it worked.

I wish Adam Thielen good luck in the next chapter, I know his wife posted something so that got some attention

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I wish Adam Thielen good luck in the next chapter, I know his wife posted something so that got some attention
IMO Hocks performance reveals how far Adams contribution has diminished. 

Quote: @Still Hurtn said:
@Vikergirl said:
IMO Hocks performance reveals how far Adams contribution has diminished. 
I dont think they were drawing the same coverage or running the same routes. 

The TJ trade was worth it, in hindsight.
Why keep a pig in a poke, when you can see you got a Pro Bowler.  TJ showed his sure thing value over a couple "maybe he'll pan out" draft picks from the first game to the last game this season.  
Did it help us when Rick got 10-12 draft picks?
Will we get last year's #1 and #2 picks back healthy next season?  That would be a bonus.