Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradbury out today
For the fourth straight game, the Vikings will be without starting center Garrett Bradbury. Dealing with a back injury that has kept him out since Dec. 4, he will not play against the Packers on Sunday in Green Bay.“He’s feeling better and better,” coach Kevin O’Connell said Friday. “It’s just a matter of getting him back into a full workload and then being able to see how he can respond down the stretch here. We want to make sure when he’s able to go. Hopefully have a few more games out in front of us.”
Perhaps the Vikings are exercising some caution with Bradbury given their hopes of a playoff run. It helps that backup center Austin Schlottmann has performed well in Bradbury’s absence.
“We feel like he’s running the show,” O’Connell said of Schlottmann. “He’s making the calls and handling everything that we ask the center to do here, which is a lot, working in conjunction with our quarterback, and he’s getting better every time he goes out there. My expectation is for Austin to play well.”

The Vikings also have ruled out defensive tackle James Lynch. He injured his shoulder last week when the Vikings beat the Giants on Christmas Eve.
There were no other players with an injury designation heading into Sunday’s game. Though cornerback Cam Dantzler (ankle) and left guard Ezra Cleveland (shoulder) popped up on the injury report this week, according to O’Connell, both players are back to full strength
https://www.twincities.com/2022/12/30/vikings-center-garrett-bradbury-ruled-out-for-sundays-game-against-packers/

So....is the team missing Bradbury's play really? Or is this showing that Bradbury is oh so replaceable? I'm not saying Garrett hasn't improved, what I'm saying is is he worth resigning? I know KOC is mostly talking up Schlottman because he's doing a decent job playing for Bradbury and that it may not be at Bradbury's level but is it really that much worse? I don't think so.

I suspect they'd like to keep him, but the #'s are going to have to be "right"

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
So....is the team missing Bradbury's play really? Or is this showing that Bradbury is oh so replaceable? I'm not saying Garrett hasn't improved, what I'm saying is is he worth resigning? I know KOC is mostly talking up Schlottman because he's doing a decent job playing for Bradbury and that it may not be at Bradbury's level but is it really that much worse? I don't think so.

I'm indifferent to keeping Garrett. If there's someone better in FA I'm absolutely all for letting Garrett go. However you're greatly overselling how Austin has played. Austin hasn't been decent by any stretch of the imagination. He consistently gets pushed around in both phases.

He was atrocious against Detroit allowing 5 pressures and an 11.1 pressure rate. Equally bad against the Colts allowing 4 pressures. NYG game was no better. Think back to where the overwhelming majority of pressure came, and where most of the big hits Kirk took came from. Right up the gut. And this game was considered his best. 

PFF has Austin ranked at the 49th best of 54 qualified centers with a grade of 48.6, bellow average. Garrett grades at 70.2, above average. 

Now it’s number 3 guy, Reed in at center. 
Could be a long day for Cousins.

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
Our interior line has not lived up to expectations this year

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
Ingram has been iffy at best. Bradbury was doing ok, it worries me if Schlottmann is dinged up and they have to continue with Reed

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
Ingram has been iffy at best. Bradbury was doing ok, it worries me if Schlottmann is dinged up and they have to continue with Reed
We brought Reed to start at G so giddy up buddy. It’s not like this is been the first time he seen a football field

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
We brought Reed to start at G so giddy up buddy. It’s not like this is been the first time he seen a football field
Sure as hell looked like it! Made Bradbury look like an all pro. Was out there but forgot to hike the ball a couple of times and hiked it at the wrong time at least once. These guys are professionals. Don't try this at home!

Schlottmann is probably out for a while, so Reed better get up to speed this week. I doubt the team will rush Bradbury back with nothing at stake in Chicago. It was ridiculous how unprepared Reed was.