Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy football pain...
I'm convinced that fantasy football is one of the hardest games ever. It's 90% luck and 10% strategy. I've played for many years and never won. This year, made my super bowl and thought I was going to win it. Mid day yesterday I was down 3 points and my opponent only had James Conner left to play Sunday night. I had three Raiders (Jacobs, Adams, and Carlson) still to play and Christian Watson playing this morning. So you'd think I was going to win it. All three Raiders did nothing and Watson didn't play after halftime with injury. Sooo I lost a big money league because I messed up relying on the eternally inept Raiders and a Packer. Serves me right I suppose but still painful and sucked.
How did ya'll do in fantasy this year? 

When I played, my wife joined my league for 3 years....she went to the Super Bowl twice (winning once). She knows nothing about football (she's much better now than she was then). Its luck and especially when it comes to injuries. Some guys want to act like they are rocket scientists and its all skill, but its not. One year a guy completely had his roster auto drafted for him: he won the league that year. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I'm convinced that fantasy football is one of the hardest games ever. It's 90% luck and 10% strategy. I've played for many years and never won. This year, made my super bowl and thought I was going to win it. Mid day yesterday I was down 3 points and my opponent only had James Conner left to play Sunday night. I had three Raiders (Jacobs, Adams, and Carlson) still to play and Christian Watson playing this morning. So you'd think I was going to win it. All three Raiders did nothing and Watson didn't play after halftime with injury. Sooo I lost a big money league because I messed up relying on the eternally inept Raiders and a Packer. Serves me right I suppose but still painful and sucked.
How did ya'll do in fantasy this year? 
Just when you think you can't lose....LOL.

I'm defending league champ and won it four times since 2012. But this was not my best year. My killer? TJ fucking Hockenson in the Giants game. LOL.

After the draft, I'd agree it's 90% luck. And even the draft can be about luck if you're doing a snake draft. So I only do auction drafting now. In auction drafting, you can identify the team you believe in and then just draft that exact team. You succeed or fail based on your knowledge. Way less about luck. 

I helped my brother draft and manage his team this year (he just started playing FFB last year) to show him the ropes.  We made it to the Ship (their league only has two weeks of playoffs and ends Week 16). 

Got some big performances out of Josh Allen, Saquon, CeeDee and Hockenson...  and had a 25 pt lead yesterday.  We had DeAndre Hopkins and the Broncos defense left vs Christian Watson and James Conner...  Yeah, that sucked.