Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wasn't Tramaine Brock brought in to play nickel??
J.R.‏ @JReidDraftScout  24m24 minutes ago
More
Interesting. It looks like Tramaine Brock will be ready to go as an outside CB this Sunday. Doesn't feel like he's ready yet to play slot.
[Image: DJxNzX_W0AAI1m3.jpg]

I thought he was brought in to push Waynes.

I think he was brought in to help Alexander in the slot. 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
Ok, then maybe it was me that misunderstood his signing and place in the secondary. I thought this was all about the slot and Alexander's dismal play.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
he was brought in to play CB,  but it was widely speculated that his primary job would be competing at the slot position with MA after his poor showing this preseason.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@mgobluevikes said:
Ok, then maybe it was me that misunderstood his signing and place in the secondary. I thought this was all about the slot and Alexander's dismal play.
He was brought in as insurance behind Alexander.  Newman can play inside, but I think the team would rather use him on the outside this season.  Look at our roster, we're pretty set on the outside with Rhodes, Waynes, and Newman as the top backup...  who's going to play inside if Mac gets hurt or isn't quite ready to start?  Newman would be the top option, but that leaves us pretty thin at outside CB.

If X is shadowing Brown, we could need help on the outside against Pittsburgh...

Can never have enough decent DB's...Speaking of, wonder how MA graded out vs Saints? I didnt see anything blatantly horrible observing from my seats - a good thing! 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Can never have enough decent DB's...Speaking of, wonder how MA graded out vs Saints? I didnt see anything blatantly horrible observing from my seats - a good thing! 
There were a couple of times where he lined up out of position and Smith and other players moved him, but he didn't make any glaring mistakes in coverage like Waynes did.

Exum released, so Brock must be healthy and ready to go today.