Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Zimmer
Quote: @Vikergirl said:

@Waterboy said:
@Vikergirl said:
Mental Health and substance abuse have risen during COVID. The change in socialization and sense of isolation has hit people hard. I worked a crisis line during the 1st year of the pandemic. We need to increase funding for resources. There are a lot of wounded people out there of all ages, races and socioeconomic status. 
I agree with this.  Without sounding callous, what the hell did our leaders and everyone else think was going to happen?   The world would be in a much better position today if COVID had been treated like the flu.  Adam Zimmer likely had bigger demons than the lockdown, but for every Adam Zimmer, there are millions who are likely living with far diminished longevity and quality of life.  Common sense, and not Fauci imagined Draconian measures should have been implemented. 
I don't know why you went there. Covid and the flu are not the same. Health and safety was the primary consideration but all decisions have consequences. I respect all the hard work and service that Dr. Fauci has given to this country. We have to do better moving forward. 
Covid and flu are similar.  Covid now is only about double the mortality.  The costs of shutting down society have been far greater.  Fauci should be in jail.  He has consistently lied and hidden where and when Covid originated.  Maybe start a Go-fund-me to aid him in retirement where can get away with being a complete hypocrite and lying much more easily.  We all know how many times he’s been wrong throughout this pandemic.  Only some of us who have said this all along will admit it.  Can’t wait to see the Twitter files on the actions of your hero. Guess we disagree.  Lol.  That being said, I shouldn’t have diverted.  I thought people may finally be coming to their senses.

Quote: @Waterboy said:
Covid and flu are similar.
What a tired argument. It’s estimated that the flu killed between 12,000 and 52,000 annually between 2010 and 2020. COVID-19 went from 0 deaths to over 1 million in the US in two years.

Drinking killed this man.  Drinking, alcohol is poison and we allow it.  It's the shittiest, cheapest, most boring drug

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
@Waterboy said:
What a tired argument. It’s estimated that the flu killed between 12,000 and 52,000 annually between 2010 and 2020. COVID-19 went from 0 deaths to over 1 million in the US in two years.
Yeah, keep believing the bs.  Go get jabbed a few more times…

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@SFVikingFan said:
@Waterboy said:
Yeah, keep believing the bs.  Go get jabbed a few more times…
If it’s been 2 months since your last shot…

6 times a year you should go get vaccinated. 
That doesn’t sound like a vaccination, that sounds like a steady dose of BS

liberals are sherp

Nobody is going to change anyones minds regarding vax, especially here on a football board 

But glad it made the thread. 

Moving on...

This sad case of Adam Zimmer struck home for me. My BIL was an alcoholic and had it bad for 20+ years. We had to bury him at 49 and id the body at the morgue in Baltimore. 

He just up and died one night right out of the blue. Heart failure b4 50. 

Its a terrible affliction and I am sure the last few years have made it even harder for people with addictions and/or poor life coping skills.