Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O'Connell Dissects Three Plays From Jets Game - Film

Thanks for this.

Every time I hear KOC,  I think how happy the Wilfs must be for hiring him.  Not only is he a good coach but he is a great face for the franchise. 

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
Thanks for this.

Every time I hear KOC,  I think how happy the Wilfs must be for hiring him.  Not only is he a good coach but he is a great face for the franchise. 

I agree but offer a counterpoint.  Winning fixes everything. How would he be received if we were say 2-10?

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
Thanks for this.

I agree but offer a counterpoint.  Winning fixes everything. How would he be received if we were say 2-10?
Hopefully we don't have to find out. But he does have an appealing personality and approach. He is very likeable and fits the mold of what the front office was looking for. 

We haven’t even had a full year with the new coach and you get a sense the future is bright for the Vikings.  I am already looking forward to seeing what he does next year with the staff and team.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
Thanks for this.

Hopefully we don't have to find out. But he does have an appealing personality and approach. He is very likeable and fits the mold of what the front office was looking for. 

I absolutely agree with everything your wrote.  I just point out that winning fixes everything.  I've got the Bud Grant interview on and they're discussing that if you picked 1 play in each game and had it not occur, the season would be quite different. 

So far KOC has been an absolute treasure.  I enjoy listening to him.  I enjoy seeing him on the sideline.  I think he's got the personality to finally take this team the whole way. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
Thanks for this.

I absolutely agree with everything your wrote.  I just point out that winning fixes everything.  I've got the Bud Grant interview on and they're discussing that if you picked 1 play in each game and had it not occur, the season would be quite different. 

So far KOC has been an absolute treasure.  I enjoy listening to him.  I enjoy seeing him on the sideline.  I think he's got the personality to finally take this team the whole way. 
Oh no doubt winning is huge and it's a hell of a difference from last year. The question is it just the wins or winning that is different. It was made plainly clear why change was needed. Also is the change producing the result? I know some people think that culture change and environment is overused but there is truth to it. Is there luck, hell yeah. Is it just luck, hell no. But there is still growth and progress needed. I am all in on the ride and we'll see how it plays out.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
Thanks for this.

He wasn't my first choice. But after watching his first press conference, I was glad that the Wilfs didn't consult with me first. I think he won over a lot of the fan base that day. He is so positive and excited about what he does.