Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The only truly bull#hit part of the whole game....
Quote: @Waterboy said:
Boy, it's amazing how week in and week out year over year how the refs just always screw the Vikings, and 31 other teams in the NFL. 
you saying it didnt see the defensive holding/pi calls being a little one sided yesterday? ( and in a few other games this year?)

Let's see:
  • Phantom horse collar of Diggs by Kendricks (setup points for Buffalo)
  • Questionable OPI then no flag on an apparent hold on TJ next play (took away a chance for 4 more points for Minnesota)
  • Two passes to Jefferson in the end zone with grabbing, the catch to the goal line had the defenders arm striking Jefferson while before the ball got there (new set of downs and ice the game at the goal line)
  • Darrisaw's holding when the player slips and he lands on him (drive killer in Buffalo territory)
  • 12 men on the field (takes away 1st and goal at the one in OT)
  • Booth's phantom PI on an uncatchable ball (sets up a closer FG to go to OT)
  • Davis's sideline no catch (drive down to get to OT)
It is hard to win on the road in the NFL, let alone vs the #1 scoring defense with an MVP QB.  But to do it, with a lot of calls going against us, says a lot about this team.

The NFL better hope that we don't smooth out the wrinkles on offense 2nd and 3rd quarter because if we start beating teams by 10-14 points a game, they are going to have swallow this is a Super Bowl contender this year.

Also on 3rd down, TJ makes the catch, and gets hit helmet to helmet hard.....no call. Seconds later, the spoter says he needs to be checked for a concussion. If we get the right call on that play, our drive coninues...announcers were terrible, they should have been calling out the bad calls. 

The 12 men on the field when Buffalo stopped Cousins on the QB sneak was an unbelievable whiff by the booth.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
Boy, it's amazing how week in and week out year over year how the refs just always screw the Vikings, and 31 other teams in the NFL. 
you saying it didnt see the defensive holding/pi calls being a little one sided yesterday? ( and in a few other games this year?)
There are always games where the refs blow calls.  On average, we're one of the least penalized teams in the nfl.  We're tied for the 5th least penalties per game in the NFL this year from what I just saw.

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Penalties per Game | TeamRankings.com

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
The 12 men on the field when Buffalo stopped Cousins on the QB sneak was an unbelievable whiff by the booth.
Absolutely, one officials main job pre-snap is counting players on the field. Major screw up, fortunately the Vikes still won. 

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
There are always games where the refs blow calls.  On average, we're one of the least penalized teams in the nfl.  We're tied for the 5th least penalties per game in the NFL this year from what I just saw.

well,  there are other ways for refs to blow games,  like not making the calls that they should IE: holding on packer linemen or defensive backs.  missing 12 men or replay situations.  yes refs miss calls quite often,  but how many times do we see obvious shit that has a real chance of affecting an outcome?  I am fine with 'let em play" as long as its applied equally, and it wasnt yesterday.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:

well,  there are other ways for refs to blow games,  like not making the calls that they should IE: holding on packer linemen or defensive backs.  missing 12 men or replay situations.  yes refs miss calls quite often,  but how many times do we see obvious shit that has a real chance of affecting an outcome?  I am fine with 'let em play" as long as its applied equally, and it wasnt yesterday.
The most consequential call was probably the ball that wasn't caught on the sidelines late in the game.   And, they didn't review it.  On the flip side, God knows we have to be the most screwed team of all time.  I'm just saying the numbers and our for inherent "homerism" makes it seem much worse than it is on an average game day.  I didn't think the game was officiated that poorly.