Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well heck...That's another crazy win
Anyone else still pondering those last few plays on offense today?

I thought they'd be much more aggressive going for the td there. 

Was that some analytics driven play calling or what? I didnt trust Joseph to make it again tbh. 

So far 2022 has been the anti Zimmer year a Superman bizzaro world vs year ago.

Weird ways to win! 

Yeah it was interesting strategy. Might be good for his confidence. He made both attempts, the one negated by penalty and the follow up.

Lol, definitely holding my breath on the last FG. It was the correct strategy though, last thing they wanted was a turnover. 

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
Lol, definitely holding my breath on the last FG. It was the correct strategy though, last thing they wanted was a turnover. 
Or to score too quickly.

Some factors played into it: Redskins with no timeouts and Heinecke just doesn't have the arm for 15 second drive. He sucked for most of the game and his biggest play came from the ref tackling a sure INT by the Vikings. 

actually I liked the last three  play calls don't turn it over use the clock   put the spot where   they wanted the spot at

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Some factors played into it: Redskins with no timeouts and Heinecke just doesn't have the arm for 15 second drive. He sucked for most of the game and his biggest play came from the ref tackling a sure INT by the Vikings. 
[Image: ouoag1myhb35.gif]

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
It was an unconventional move to try not to score a TD, but they were able to run off an extra 100-seconds off the clock and not give Washington a chance to have a comeback. If they did try to score, then they could have risked turning the ball over or giving Washington enough time for a game tying drive. There was still risk in missing the kick, but at that point you are looking at going into overtime. These kinds of decisions are the things that have been making the difference in close games this season.

Running the clock down was the right strategy. Passes risk turnovers or sacks. For all the over-50 struggles, Joseph's been money inside 50. Leave Washington with no time to come back.