Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hockenson Highlights Against The Sea Hawks

I like how he doesnt step out of bounds to save a potential hit, just cuts back into the field of play and tries to score.  Brass cajones 

He's going to fit in well and make a difference. The TE in this offense is important, we just haven't seen that aspect yet. YET.

This is the "Rudy" replacement we hoped Smith would've been and then some - wow, Hock looks great!  I think KC is going to love this guy.

I view this as a make up move for losing Conklin instead of moving Smith to keep Conk.... make up move and then some as TJ should be a significantly better player than either ISj or Conk.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I view this as a make up move for losing Conklin instead of moving Smith to keep Conk.... make up move and then some as TJ should be a significantly better player than either ISj or Conk.
Yea we were hard-pressed into keeping Conk who is getting over 8 million a year then the following year have to sign ISJ if he produced.  So it was a risk move that did not pay off but I don't remember anyone at all when Conk signed with the Jets for that money that said or thought we should have kept him unless I missed someone?  

If we put a positive spin on it, like you say, if we resigned Conk we would not have Hockenson right now and he has the potential to be lights out for us.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Yea we were hard-pressed into keeping Conk who is getting over 8 million a year then the following year have to sign ISJ if he produced.  So it was a risk move that did not pay off but I don't remember anyone at all when Conk signed with the Jets for that money that said or thought we should have kept him unless I missed someone?  

If we put a positive spin on it, like you say, if we resigned Conk we would not have Hockenson right now and he has the potential to be lights out for us.  
I was done with ISj when he got hurt again last year,  if we could have moved on then I was in favor of it,  losing Conklin was just rubbing alcohol in the wound.  I know that some like to say there is no such thing as injury prone,  but I disagree,  some peoples frames arent put together with the same resiliency as others and as such are more susceptible to sprains, tears, breaks, etc IMO.  Irv has shown that he might be one of those guys that just isnt built for the game.  I like Hock,  wanted him coming out of IA, so yes this has spun nicely,  but we wouldnt have likely need Hock either if they had been able to move of Irv and had retained Conklin and would have saved that draft pick to help shore up another area of need.

I am excited though to see what they have in story for TJ,  TEs are like Safeties,  they are some of the most fun players to watch as they are the swiss army knives of their units and can used in so many different ways.

@"minny65" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

I was done with ISj when he got hurt again last year,  if we could have moved on then I was in favor of it,  losing Conklin was just rubbing alcohol in the wound.  I know that some like to say there is no such thing as injury prone,  but I disagree,  some peoples frames arent put together with the same resiliency as others and as such are more susceptible to sprains, tears, breaks, etc IMO.  Irv has shown that he might be one of those guys that just isnt built for the game.  I like Hock,  wanted him coming out of IA, so yes this has spun nicely,  but we wouldnt have likely need Hock either if they had been able to move of Irv and had retained Conklin and would have saved that draft pick to help shore up another area of need.

I am excited though to see what they have in story for TJ,  TEs are like Safeties,  they are some of the most fun players to watch as they are the swiss army knives of their units and can used in so many different ways.
All you have to do is look at the way the 49er's use George Kittle and see the potential of TJ in the Viking offense.  It should open up all of the receivers for the Vikings.

@"minny65" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

I was with ya on the injury prone ISJ and was sick of the "great camp" and "potential" that appeared on here a lot.  But just to be honest and without hindsight 20/20 I didn't think we could afford to keep him.  He is already outperforming his contract with the Jets but again I am being honest on my thoughts at "that" time.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

I was with ya on the injury prone ISJ and was sick of the "great camp" and "potential" that appeared on here a lot.  But just to be honest and without hindsight 20/20 I didn't think we could afford to keep him.  He is already outperforming his contract with the Jets but again I am being honest on my thoughts at "that" time.  
I knew we couldnt keep both,  i just wanted to keep him and move off ISj.  it was kind of a bird in the hand thing for me,  we knew what we would get from Conklin,  and although Irvs ceiling should be higher,  I just had my doubts he was ever gonna get off the ground.