Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Vikings Might Create Cap Space For Bradford, Rhodes Deals

Boone, Dejo and Murray look like the most likely cuts. 

Boone is definitely cut as soon as Viking's can find a decent replacement. Could be a deal where Easton/Elflein moves to LG next year if he doesn't win the center job. He's got one more year in purple, IMO. Overrated and overpaid since he got here, won't be a Viking in 2018.

Definitely agree on the first two...I'll say Rudy for the third guy as he has a potential replacement on the roster...

I'll put Joseph in the NFW category, barring injury...I think he's around until he's in his mid 30s...

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Boone is definitely cut as soon as Viking's can find a decent replacement. Could be a deal where Easton/Elflein moves to LG next year if he doesn't win the center job. He's got one more year in purple, IMO. Overrated and overpaid since he got here, won't be a Viking in 2018.
2018 is looking like a very good year for Gs and Ts...we finish the OL rebuild then...

Sorry, but why does the team need to create cap space in 2018? With the cap raise, carryover, and expiring contracts they're going to have between $55M-70M before doing anything. 

Quote: @"NFL Draft Guru" said:
Sorry, but why does the team need to create cap space in 2018? With the cap raise, carryover, and expiring contracts they're going to have between $55M-70M before doing anything. 
Seriously? Who's coming off?  Looks like we are in damn fine shape then. Hail Brez!

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"NFL Draft Guru" said:
Seriously? Who's coming off?  Looks like we are in damn fine shape then. Hail Brez!
That is why I thought it was such a silly article. Why cut people when you're going to have a ton of cap space already  :'(

But Rhodes and Bradford combine for a lot of it. Otherwise Floyd comes off along with a a lot of role players in the $2-3M range (Keenum, Sherels, Berger, etc.. ) 

If you look at how Brez worked the cap the entire roster was meant to have the ability to turnover over the years 2018-2019. I'm assuming they figured Teddy (prior to injury) was going to need an extension in that timeframe and wanted to have some flexibility. But although the team has plenty of cap next year, 2019 extensions are going to cost the team an arm and a leg.