Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey guys, don't forget!
We're the national NFL media and these are our bell cows! Don't you DARE bury them yet!! (gag)

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/10/23/brady-...s-no-panic

For me, it's tougher to write off the Bucs.  Look at that division...  who is going to beat them out?  Panthers?  No, not even after they just beat the Bucs.  Atlanta? Doubtful...  that's still a flawed team with Mariota as their QB. Saints?  They probably have the best shot, but who do you trust more to get on a win streak?  Jameis or Brady?  Seeing highlights of the Panthers/Bucs game (and having watched some of the Bucs earlier games), they just aren't sharp. Lots of mental mistakes. The talent is there for that team to be really good, but the transition from Arians to Bowles hasn't been smooth. Seems like the offense is stuck in a rut that an offensive minded HC like Arians would have figured out by now...  Not sure if the Bucs are a contender anymore, but at least they have the QB and talent on both sides of the ball.

Now I think the opposite is true in Green Bay...  They have the QB, but the OL is banged up, the WRs are inexperienced and not as talented as GB has had in the past.  The defense still can't stop the run and isn't making many turnovers. Like I think GB's issues are talent issues.  That is tougher to fix in-season.  Then you look at their schedule coming up and I have a tough time seeing more wins than losses.  Like they had to go to OT to beat a Patriots team led by their rookie 3rd string QB...  Lost to Daniel Jones and the Giants (couldn't stop Barkley), lost to Zach Wilson and the Jets (couldn't stop Breece), and lost to a backup QB for Washington because they couldn't stop their running game and couldn't run or protect Rodgers.

Packers next 5 games are against the Bills, Lions, Cowboys, Titans, and Eagles.  If none of those teams suffer any major injuries, I think you'd be hard pressed to say GB would win more than 1 or 2 of those. Can they beat the Bills (lololol)? Can they score against the Cowboys defense?  Can they stop Derrick Henry?  Can they score on the Eagles defense and shut down Hurts?  Lions will be their easiest game, but if Swift is back...

We'll find out who these teams are in the next month or so before we hit the final quarter in December...  

Is the author blind ?