Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I have to pay more to downsize now?
I dont know what the housing mkt is like in your parts, but I am in the burbs NW of Mpls...25 miles out of the city. 

Has been a great home for us to raise our family in the last 20 years. We've loved living on the wetlands; the deer, ducks and geese, having a walk-out two-story for the dogs in a home we built in 98.

The bottom line is that the wife, me and the labs just dont need 3 levels, 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths anymore. 

Now when I look to downsize? Perhaps a town-home or detached Villa type home? I am looking to spend more lol! I've watched this shift coming the last 5+ years or more. We've had good appreciation on our own home, but these newer construction communities are just crazy priced. 

What a world...I'd stay where we are now rather than spend more for less in some of these cookie cutter designs being pumped out. 

I would just stay where you are. Might not need that much space, but kids come home, and they bring more kids. It will be nice having that space at the time. 

I'm actually considering buying in Mpls. Sold my rental last fall and while I can't afford downtown Denver--literally zero properties in my price range--I just discovered that there were a few I could afford in downtown Mpls. One actually just a couple blocks from US Bank. 

I just might be crazy enough to get myself on the season ticket wait list, buy a loft, and rent out both until I'm ready to live there part of the year....y'know, the football part. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I would just stay where you are. Might not need that much space, but kids come home, and they bring more kids. It will be nice having that space at the time. 

I'm actually considering buying in Mpls. Sold my rental last fall and while I can't afford downtown Denver--literally zero properties in my price range--I just discovered that there were a few I could afford in downtown Mpls. One actually just a couple blocks from US Bank. 

I just might be crazy enough to get myself on the season ticket wait list, buy a loft, and rent out both until I'm ready to live there part of the year....y'know, the football part. 
 The Mpls housing market is really picking up, office space is another story. Lots of hybrids and people working from home have really dampened that part of the mkt. 

Yah, we're in no hurry to leave our place at this point in time...Tire kicking the mkt now and then. 

We're growing at 10% annually in population. My house has 3x-4x in the last 5yrs.