Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Mac Jones going to get Wally Pipp'd?
The Patriots offense is better with Bailey ZappeOverreaction or reality: Reality 
Zappe has made two starts with the Patriots, and New England has averaged 33.5 points per game and 381.5 yards per game in those starts. They are also 2-0 in the two starts under Zappe. The fourth-round rookie went 24 of 34 for 309 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions in Sunday's win over the Browns, actually finding both his tight ends (Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry) six times for 122 yards and a touchdown.
Not only did the Patriots throw for 301 yards, but they were 7 of 14 on third down and 2 of 3 in goal-to-go situations. Zappe has four touchdowns to one interception and a 111.4 passer rating this season, with a 72.9% completion rate. He's the first rookie quarterback in the Super Bowl era to win and post a 100-plus passer rating in each of his first two starts. 
Bottom line: Zappe has done more than enough to warrant another start (at least). The Patriots offense is better with him at quarterback. 

If they would have let him throw against Green Bay, the Packers would be 2-4 now

I'm a little skeptical. It happens so many times when an unheralded rookie steps in and does well. Hell, same thing happened with Mac Jones last year. Then DCs get some film and the party's over. It will happen with Zappe too. 

But if it does continue, I definitely think we should change the word from Pipped to Zapped. 

Jones & Zappe are the same guy or should I say the same QB.

Zappe will bring in a first and mid round draft pick to the Patriots, and the team desperate for a starting QB will realize they got the next Matt Cassel midway through training camp.

Not like Belichick hasn't done it before