Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins’ Skylar Thompson Aims to Beat Vikings
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Its going to be HOT on Sunday in Miami; could be a negative factor for Minnesota. Expect lots of cramping. 

I think this game is going to be uncomfortably close. They'll gameplan Thompson much like Chicago did Fields and they have the film from last week. This game makes me nervous.
I'm a little less nervous about this game than I was the last three. It's a rookie QB, their OL is banged up and even the healthy players are not playing well. What's more, the Dolphins have one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL, so yeah...

...proceed with caution because anything can happen, especially with Tyreek Hill and Waddle racking up YAC under our shell, but if we trip on our dick in this one, we probably have to start thinking about the purple team a little differently. 

I don't see that happening. Vikings 37-13. Vikings take 5-1 into the bye. 
Well, if we lose this game...  This is the best one to lose since it's not a division game, it's not a home game, and it's not a conference game.

I'm a little nervous about this one too just from the fact that they have Hill and Waddle who are great turning short throws into big gains.  I'd expect a lot of running and short passes with the rookie at QB.  If we play off zone coverage, this could be a lot like the Eagles and Lions game where we just keep giving up 6-10 yards on every pass and make it really easy for the QB to play pitch and catch.

The Vikings SHOULD win this game, but the NFL is a fickle f*cker.  And while I'm excited we're 4-1, but my expectations aren't getting too high until I see the defense improve.  Offense looks great and should only get better, but if we have an off day... do we have any confidence the defense can bail us out?  I don't...

I’m with Sticky. I do think we win but I doubt it’ll be easy. Miami is really banged up but they’re 3-2 and have a good roster and good coach. They have lots of speed on offense too. Third string QB is a huge advantage for us but we’ve all seen that movie before and know how it can go. We’re laying 3 points and I expect the final score to be something like 24-20 us.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Its going to be HOT on Sunday in Miami; could be a negative factor for Minnesota. Expect lots of cramping. 

I think this game is going to be uncomfortably close. They'll gameplan Thompson much like Chicago did Fields and they have the film from last week. This game makes me nervous.
I'm a little less nervous about this game than I was the last three. It's a rookie QB, their OL is banged up and even the healthy players are not playing well. What's more, the Dolphins have one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL, so yeah...

...proceed with caution because anything can happen, especially with Tyreek Hill and Waddle racking up YAC under our shell, but if we trip on our dick in this one, we probably have to start thinking about the purple team a little differently. 

I don't see that happening. Vikings 37-13. Vikings take 5-1 into the bye. 
Well, if we lose this game...  This is the best one to lose since it's not a division game, it's not a home game, and it's not a conference game.

I'm a little nervous about this one too just from the fact that they have Hill and Waddle who are great turning short throws into big gains.  I'd expect a lot of running and short passes with the rookie at QB.  If we play off zone coverage, this could be a lot like the Eagles and Lions game where we just keep giving up 6-10 yards on every pass and make it really easy for the QB to play pitch and catch.

The Vikings SHOULD win this game, but the NFL is a fickle f*cker.  And while I'm excited we're 4-1, but my expectations aren't getting too high until I see the defense improve.  Offense looks great and should only get better, but if we have an off day... do we have any confidence the defense can bail us out?  I don't...
Agree with everything....If Miami beats us it will be because of Hill and Waddle's YAC underneath. I suspect they will also run a fair amount with those guys. End arounds, etc. 

It sounds like the Vikings are going to try to prevent the deep stuff with their shell, but if one slips through like in the Eagles game, that might be all it takes to keep it close. Apparently the rookie has quite an arm. 

And if those things happen AND our offense has a bad day, you're right, Miami could win. Just hard to see the offense have a bad day against this defense.

And that rookie QB is going to make mistakes. Probably a lot of them. This isn't Matt Moore or Chase Daniel or Andy Dalton. He's a 7th round rookie. Actually, the worst thing we could do is hurt him. We might see Teddy. 

I think little Dalvin is going to run wild in front of family & friends, opening up play action to the new 3 deep, could be fun…!  B) 

Hmm, Tyreek Hill and J Waddle with a big cushion, I am nervous.