Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armon Watts isn't lighting it up in Chicago
8 total tackles (4 solo, 4 assists) in 4 games so far. 

I think Minnesota knew he wasn't anything special and got rid of a salary. There was some hand wringing in here over this, but he's just a guy. 

Not disagreeing at all because I was surprised that many fans on here thought Watts starting on our DL was a no brainer this year.  But Bullard only has 9 total tackles, Phillips 10 and Lynch 3 and we just signed Tonga for needed help.  Still thought the move strange but also have completely moved on from it.

true. shows the state of IDL. Did Blacklock even get snaps last week?  Doesnt seem like he has done anything of course its early i guess. same could be said for Watts I suppose. 

I mean no one is though. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
I mean no one is though. 
lol, truth. 

So we basically traded Armon Watts for Khyiris Tonga.  Does that sound like a good idea to anyone? It doesn’t to me.  Watts played well for us last year. Of course there may be things we don’t know ( bad attitude, couldn’t pick up the new defense etc) but on the surface this sounds like a Donatell screw up. And so far, btw, I’m not impressed with his defensive schemes either. 

End result is we traded a 6 down to a 7 and lost a chance at a comp pick for Watts for letting him walk after the season.  In return for Blacklock, who has the same number of tackles as CJ Ham.

No, it's not a big deal.  It just made no sense to me at the time and in a minor way we are getting the short end of the trade.