Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Alexander Mattison?
Sometimes it's the trade that doesn't happen that works out best.  I think the Vikings are very glad right now that #2 is still wearing purple.  He's put together a couple nice games in a row and has been an impactful playmaker making a difference between losing and winning.  I understand if he's not in the Vikings long term plans it makes sense to trade him, but I really doubt we have any other backups doing what he can do.  The offense hardly skips a beat when Cook is on the sidelines, and that's not something to ignore.

He has slimmed down and looks great. 

Alexander Mattison without a doubt will be a number one running back somewhere...

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
Alexander Mattison without a doubt will be a number one running back somewhere...
No doubt about it. Might be with the Vikings, wouldn't shock me if they move Cook and keep Mattison 

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
No doubt about it. Might be with the Vikings, wouldn't shock me if they move Cook and keep Mattison 
they would take a 6 million cap hit to do that so I think its unlikely.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
they would take a 6 million cap hit to do that so I think its unlikely.
Yeah was thinking about that as I typed my message, wasn't sure the number but figured it was significant.

If they move off Cook I'd assume they'll go to Nwangwu and take a comp pick for whatever Mattison signs for as a f.a.   You can find servicable rb's in the draft any time, you don't need to pay them 15 million dollars, that era/ship has sailed in the NFL.  I like Dalvin but the cost/benefit equation doesn't work at his current price, especially when you factor in injuries/time out.

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:

perhaps this does occur, but after this season…

Quote: @"comet52" said:
If they move off Cook I'd assume they'll go to Nwangwu and take a comp pick for whatever Mattison signs for as a f.a.   You can find servicable rb's in the draft any time, you don't need to pay them 15 million dollars, that era/ship has sailed in the NFL.  I like Dalvin but the cost/benefit equation doesn't work at his current price, especially when you factor in injuries/time out.
He doesn't seem big enough to be an every down type back, I would like to see what Chandler could do against a starting NFL defense.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"comet52" said:
He doesn't seem big enough to be an every down type back, I would like to see what Chandler could do against a starting NFL defense.
Chandler was active Sunday for the first time, maybe because of concern for Cook's shoulder. I am afraid Cook or Mattison will have to be inactive for us to see Chandler at RB at all.