Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Darrisaw bandwagon has no room left
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
Everything quit being happy...

Y'all know dang well we cant have nice things  :p 
We can't. I know this. But I still can't help myself half the time. That's a me problem.

No....you're all our problem  :p

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
Everything quit being happy...

Y'all know dang well we cant have nice things  :p 
We can't. I know this. But I still can't help myself half the time. That's a me problem.

No....you're all our problem  :p
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
As probably the strongest advocate on here pushing for us to draft Darrisaw I have a front row seat already.  I was also a huge advocate for O'Neill when we drafted him..I guess the old saying is true "even a blind squirrel can find a tackle"?  I won't mention the many misses only the hits Smile
It's not like Darrisaw was a controversial pick. I don't know anyone on this board, or anywhere else, who didn't want him.

Definitely have to give you O'Neill though. He had a pretty uneven Senior Bowl in one-on-ones, and given that he was a TE just a couple years before, I thought his weight might have been a little fraudulent. But he's been terrific. 

I just can't get over the idea that we might have TWO top tier tackles now. Even on our best OLs, it seems there was always one good one (Yary, Zimmerman) and one on the other side not quite on that level (Alderman, Irwin) or a pair who were not quite great (Steussie, Loady, Stringer, McKinnie). Assuming Darrisaw continues on this path, this really could be the best tackle tandem in Vikings history. 

And O'Neill is locked up for a reasonable salary, correct?  So we have bookend tackles for the price of a rookie and servicable RT.
Well I guess that depends on how you define "reasonable." I think he's the 2nd highest paid RT in the NFL. BUT....everyone else is on a rookie contract and most will be for some time. 

Which begs the question: what do you do with Bradbury? Let's say for gits and shiggles, he continues playing well and finishes the year with a PFF grade in the upper 60s, lower 70s. He's GOING to get paid. But I sorta have the feeling it won't be with the Vikings, considering O'Neill's contract and the looming JJ deal. It will be interesting to see what happens there. Vikings could probably afford it--centers don't make a lot--but I just see it being one of those situations where his value on the market is probably higher than the Vikings are willing to spend, considering we could find a nearly equal replacement somewhat easily in the draft or someone already on the roster--Schlottmann, Sokol, Hinton...
Wasn't it second highest 2 years ago?  Or was it just last year.  Point being, he is locked up and that price point is only going up.  Maybe I am wrong, but I don't remember it being outrageous.

As to Bradbury, I think you look for better value.  He has never shown to be worth his draft status and likely won't be worth his next contract.  We have options on the roster and can find better value in the draft.

The only caveat is calling protections.  Elflein was a big upgrade over Berger because he could call the right protection.  So their physical play is only part of their value.  But if you can't block your man, being the smartest wuss on the team doesn't have much value.
It's still 2nd highest in terms of total value and average per year. But it ranks much further down in terms of guaranteed money. Like about 10th. He's under contract through the 2026 season. By then it will be peanuts. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/right-tackle/

Hey when it comes to my Vikings, I'm not even stopping at a little Voodoo/African witchdoctor action.