Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Mundt cake out of Aidan

Nice 

He also looks fluid with the ball in his hands.  Right now, I'd rather see Mundt get options than Irv.  With Mundt you have more flexibility in sets and confusion if he is blocking vs releasing.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
He also looks fluid with the ball in his hands.  Right now, I'd rather see Mundt get options than Irv.  With Mundt you have more flexibility in sets and confusion if he is blocking vs releasing.
which is exactly what you are supposed to get out of the TE position,  other wise if your TE cant block.... why not just line up another receiver?  KInd of like Safety,  the TE is a swiss army knife type of role,  gotta be able to do it all.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
Agree with your 1st and 3rd sentence, not your 2nd. Mundt has been good, especially his blocking, but you have to remember defenses play him different than they do Irv. It's like the old Robert Smith vs. Moe Williams argument. 

Irv has to do a better job catching the ball. I can only guess some of this comes from his thumb injury, but I really do believe he's going to be a huge part of this offense once it's hitting on all cylinders.