Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Kearse Kick Incumbent Curbside

I don't think so, not yet. Good special teamer and depth right now. I think the team likes Anthony Harris more as his strength is coverage.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I don't think so, not yet. Good special teamer and depth right now. I think the team likes Anthony Harris more as his strength is coverage.
That's the most likely outcome...but this kid Kearse is always around the ball...he had a pick in OTAs where he skyed so high he was out of the frame...listed at 6-4...gotta be closer to 6-6... 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
That's the most likely outcome...but this kid Kearse is always around the ball...he had a pick in OTAs where he skyed so high he was out of the frame...listed at 6-4...gotta be closer to 6-6... 
But I think our coaches want to let 1 of our safeties gamble a bit and go for the big plays, and the other play assignment-focused, more conservatively. If they start Kearse, it's for his big-play ability - so do you make Harrison Smith the "stay at home" guy? I doubt that. Zimmer keeps trying to turn a CB into a S to partner with Smith (Blanton, Exum, Tocho) which suggests he wants coverage discipline there. I think Kearse's role here will be as Smith's backup.

think his preference is to have interchangeable Safeties...definitely like Tocho...if you didn't, read the link I posted on him it's worthwhile...