Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masterpiece theatre
As a fan, you never want your favorite team to play their best game of the season on opening day. You want them to build momentum throughout the season & peak in December heading into the playoffs.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
As a fan, you never want your favorite team to play their best game of the season on opening day. You want them to build momentum throughout the season & peak in December heading into the playoffs.
Yeah, I think all 32 teams can easily say they've haven't played their best game coming out of Week 1. Watching the first halves of the early games on NFL Redzone was a shit show.

Exactly right. And this team should get better each week as it comes to grips with the new schemes. Up 17-0 at the half, I sorta wonder if KOC didn't pull the reigns on the offense a bit to save some for Philly.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@Vikergirl said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@StickyBun said:
@mgobluevikes said:
Defense was good in the bend but don't break dept. Offense started strong, but that second half was dog shit. Where was Irv Smith Theilen, or anyone not named Cook or Jefferson? 

Anytime we beat an A A Ron led Packers team it's a good day, but they were missing so much of their offense, I'm not ready to call it a great performance.
They have a team as well, that plays defense and has an offense. Dog shit is way too harsh. Rust for both teams. This is why I say fans sometimes are too close to the forest to see the trees. If you're looking for perfection, its always a few plays away. 
2 field goals in a half is not good  by any measure. That's big picture. Converting 1 of those FG to a TD and the game would have been over with 12 min. left in the 4th qtr. The rust should have been on full display in the 1st half. Taking until nearly the end of the 3rd quarter for Thielen to get his second target of the game is just plain stupid. 
You take what is given to you and make the most of it. It was Jefferson's day and it was awesome. Not taking advantage of all those opportunities would be stupid. Obviously not every game is going to be like this but why not celebrate the successful play calling and varied use of Jefferson. It worked didn't it? Thielen is going to get his, there are plenty more games to go.
First, good on JJ on that first half, but it doesn't mean there wasn't a lot of meat left on the bone. We still punted 3 times that first half and it's silly that Thielen was targeted exactly one time until late in the 3rd Qtr. Second, JJ was held to 26 yds in the second half and again, we settled for 2 field goals keeping GB in the game into the 4th Qtr. Getting back to the OP this was not  a masterpiece...yet. I do have high hopes, and it was more fun than the last 2 years with Satan...lol

AS someone who has zero artistic ability, I take umbrage to your saying this was not a masterpiece!  Every masterpiece when looked at too closely or with a critical eye you can find an area open for debate, but it is when you step back and look from a little distance and you see a Viking team that easily beat the Packers by double digits with only 3 penalties and zero turnovers and holding them to 7 that is a masterpiece by any measure...like I said I am an expert so this is not open to debate Smile  Now can someone explain Dali to me?  I see a lot of melting.  

Of course not, but I'll always take a win for the opener too...

December is a lifetime away for now.