Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broncos break the bank for Wilson
Still remember when I first noticed contracts for pro athletes. It was Bird's 5 year, 25M contract back in the 80s. Wait, he gets $5M EVERY year? Peanuts now.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...77157?s=20&t=jfZTPZjBFnk4HlxgrF3ctA

Good for Wilson!

I'm happy when these players get to cash in....especially someone as easy to like as he is. Lots of players in the league, Wilson was always one for me that I wish was a Viking. 

Man....Russell Wilson will be 34 years old by the end of the year. His play also seemed to be in decline.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Good for Wilson!

I'm happy when these players get to cash in....especially someone as easy to like as he is. Lots of players in the league, Wilson was always one for me that I wish was a Viking. 
Not saying your opinion is wrong, but my opinion is rather on the other end.  He always seemed like a me first guy.  There were always quiet stories about how he never fit in, was a coaches pet, alienated his teammates.  Some I think were garbage, and some had racial tones, but they were frequent enough, smoke, fire and all that.  Plus forcing himself out of Seattle when they sucked, and now getting a huge extension when his play hasn't really been in that stratosphere.  

Just never been a big fan.  Partly because I can't stand the bandwagon seahawk fans, but also because he strikes me as very me first.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Still remember when I first noticed contracts for pro athletes. It was Bird's 5 year, 25M contract back in the 80s. Wait, he gets $5M EVERY year? Peanuts now.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...77157?s=20&t=jfZTPZjBFnk4HlxgrF3ctA
I sure hope he can afford groceries and gas with all this inflation 

go Hawks…!  Wink :p