Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Souhan: 'Slingin' Sam' opens up the Vikings passing game
If Sam Bradford remains healthy and plays this well, Teddy Bridgewater's comeback will result in him becoming a backup, or playing for another team.
Monday night, Checkdown Charlie became Slingin’ Sam.
Sam Bradford, who last year was as accurate and limited as a wind gauge in a living room, started the 2017 season by emphasizing the principle of verticality. When he’s vertical, so is the Vikings’ passing game.
In the Vikings’ season-opening 29-19 victory over the New Orleans Saints at U.S. Bank Stadium, Bradford personified a modern football scouting term: arm talent. A year after setting the NFL record for completion percentage, he showed that there is more to his game than short-pass accuracy and self-preservation, completing 27 of 32 passes for 346 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions while taking only one sack.
Bradford became the second Viking ever to pass for 300 yards, three touchdowns and an 80 percent completion percentage, joining Brett Favre. He completed seven passes for 15 yards or longer, two more than in any game last season, according to ESPN.
He produced a 143.0 passer rating, the highest of his career. After averaging 7 yards per throw in 2016, he averaged 10.5 on Monday.
http://www.startribune.com/vikings-first...443858063/

The dude was dialed in. He's such an accurate passer. An impressive night for the offense without a doubt on a big stage.

Quote:Sam Bradford, who last year was as accurate and limited as a wind gauge in a living room,

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. Nice metaphor, Souhan.

Quote: @NoGoingBack said:
Sam Bradford, who last year was as accurate and limited as a wind gauge in a living room,

Lol. Don't worry, it's not like Souhan has a clue either. 

Sam Bradford, who last year was as accurate and limited as a wind gauge in a living room,

Don't you get the feeling the MN beat writers were looking for sarcastic stupid bits for their articles.  Because that would match their personality, sarcastic and stupid.

A wind gauge in a living room is accurate (zero) but limited (not much for it to do indoors).

Is he saying that a wind gauge in your living room is super accurate because there is no wind, but it's also limited in what it's telling you or what it could do for you?

That's all I've got after staring at it for 5 minutes. Are these guys paid to be salty?

Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:
@NoGoingBack said:

Is he saying that a wind gauge in your living room is super accurate because there is no wind, but it's also limited in what it's telling you or what it could do for you?

That's all I've got after staring at it for 5 minutes. Are these guys paid to be salty?
That's what 'humor' is today with these old dinosaur writers, sarcasm. Its not even good sarcasm. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Clanzomaelan said:
@NoGoingBack said:

That's what 'humor' is today with these old dinosaur writers, sarcasm. Its not even good sarcasm. 
Pretty much sums it up. He totally sucks at sarcasm.