Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New offense, new hype
[Image: FZ4n4uuUIAUpBDm?format=jpg&name=large]

The OC revolving door has been extremely unfortunate in MN. 

We'll see what happens this year...The scheme and players on that side of the ball should be the strength of the team this year. 

Has a very progressive feel to it now. JJ (and others) going on record like this tells me they're looking forward to it too. 

Edit: I have another hunch as well - this is the kind of coaching and scheme that was going to be necessary to keep a JJ here for a 2nd contract. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

We'll see what happens this year...The scheme and players on that side of the ball should be the strength of the team this year. 

Has a very progressive feel to it now. JJ (and others) going on record like this tells me they're looking forward to it too. 
We shall see.  Complex works if everyone understands it and is on the same page.  And every offense really depends on the big uglies up front.  Not sure why every GM/coach doesn't get that.  If you can't protect or can't move people, your offense isn't going to work well.

Hope it works out, just a bit skeptical on a rookie play caller/HC.  But at least we will have the same play caller for a couple of years at least.

I am going to cut some slack in the beginning with the new coaching staff, I am liking what I am seeing though. Players seem happier overall. Yeah I know it's fresh and new and a honeymoon period but it is important. Going to training camp, there is a different feel. Like I said before, KOC is everywhere and talking to everyone but he is also letting the coaches do their jobs. It is important to keep your star player happy. Looking forward to seeing how things play out.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Edit: I have another hunch as well - this is the kind of coaching and scheme that was going to be necessary to keep a JJ here for a 2nd contract. 
I'm not going to say the offense is going to start out being miraculous or anything.  We're very inexperienced on the offensive coaching staff, but having an offensive head coach is going to be refreshing for sure in terms of not starting over every year.  I think the defense is a little more tolerant of coaching changes and they're not as in demand for HC positions and being poached as often.

Quote: @medaille said:
@purplefaithful said:

I'm not going to say the offense is going to start out being miraculous or anything.  We're very inexperienced on the offensive coaching staff, but having an offensive head coach is going to be refreshing for sure in terms of not starting over every year.  I think the defense is a little more tolerant of coaching changes and they're not as in demand for HC positions and being poached as often.
Exactly.  With offense being all the rage, any OC that did well was gone after 1 year.  1 year!  

Kupp is an exceptional route runner and that is why he is always open.