Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the Vikings bring back Rudy?
Well don't need to debate this anymore

Seems odd that a guy so slow and washed up is signing with likely the most desired team,  and that the GOAT, ( you know he has a say ) is good with Rudy.

He said he was only going to a contendor,   he landed one of the top,  good for Rudy.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Seems odd that a guy so slow and washed up is signing with likely the most desired team,  and that the GOAT, ( you know he has a say ) is good with Rudy.

He said he was only going to a contendor,   he landed one of the top,  good for Rudy.
Doesn't mean that Rudy isn't slow and cooked....what do you expect Brady to say? He's a red zone target. Rudolph wants a ring THIS year, it makes sense. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

He also gets a better shot at snaps there, where Cameron Brate is his only competition.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@pattersaur said:
Culture addition yes, on field addition ehhhhh. For dirt cheap maybe but he’s really, really slow and won’t know the new offense. Idk. 
none of the players knew the new offense as of a few months ago,  I dont think it will be very difficult for a 10+ year vet to get up to speed on the offense if he is signed in time for training camp,  which is what he said he expects to do is be on a roster in time to start camp.

and despite his slowing down,  he is still a huge redzone mismatch.
Two TDs in two years… He might be cooked. If he’d agree to a tryout or team workout and the coaches liked what they saw then that could be a good move for both sides, but I’m not sure I’d write him a check sight unseen at this point.
You have to take into consideration how bad the Giants offense was last year.   Vikings do not need him to rip up the seam with speed, they need his blocking, hands, and height.  He was DEFINITELY missed inside the red zone last year.  

Quote: @Chuckf said:
@pattersaur said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@pattersaur said:
Culture addition yes, on field addition ehhhhh. For dirt cheap maybe but he’s really, really slow and won’t know the new offense. Idk. 
none of the players knew the new offense as of a few months ago,  I dont think it will be very difficult for a 10+ year vet to get up to speed on the offense if he is signed in time for training camp,  which is what he said he expects to do is be on a roster in time to start camp.

Two TDs in two years… He might be cooked. If he’d agree to a tryout or team workout and the coaches liked what they saw then that could be a good move for both sides, but I’m not sure I’d write him a check sight unseen at this point.
You have to take into consideration how bad the Giants offense was last year.   Vikings do not need him to rip up the seam with speed, they need his blocking, hands, and height.  He was DEFINITELY missed inside the red zone last year.  
This is fair but again, the year prior he was still in MIN and had only 1 TD too. For a huge redzone threat that's... not great. Thielen is an even better redzone pass catcher than Rudy and JJ is JJ.

It's a one-year deal and the money hasn't been announced yet, which usually means it's not a lot. But we'll see how he does in Tampa. Brady could make him an All-Pro and I'll be wrong.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@Chuckf said:
@pattersaur said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@pattersaur said:

This is fair but again, the year prior he was still in MIN and had only 1 TD too. For a huge redzone threat that's... not great. Thielen is an even better redzone pass catcher than Rudy and JJ is JJ.

It's a one-year deal and the money hasn't been announced yet, which usually means it's not a lot. But we'll see how he does in Tampa. Brady could make him an All-Pro and I'll be wrong.
Hes not an all pro,  hes a possession guy,  move the chains and be a security blanket for the QB.  He will do what he's always done and will do a good job for the Bucs.

This regime likes speed, suddenness and I have more at 56 than Rudy does. plus although he tries, Rudy whiffs too many blocks blowing up runs