Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, About that OLine...
Chris Tomasson‏ @christomasson  4m4 minutes ago
More
Sam Bradford said center Pat Elflein didn't miss a call all game
0 replies4 retweets10 likes

IF I remember correctly, the sack was on a hell of a good play by the NO DE.  Spin move/stunt (Remmers and RG ended up in the same spot) that cut Remmers completely off from even trying to stay with him.  There's good players on the other side of the ball too and he won with a wickedly athletic move.  Hard to beat on Remmers too hard for that sack IMO.

Quote: @AllBS said:
IF I remember correctly, the sack was on a hell of a good play by the NO DE.  Spin move/stunt (Remmers and RG ended up in the same spot) that cut Remmers completely off from even trying to stay with him.  There's good players on the other side of the ball too and he won with a wickedly athletic move.  Hard to beat on Remmers too hard for that sack IMO.
That is my memory as well, and actually that would be on Berger if he spun inside. 

I recall Remmers getting walked back into Bradford one time as well, but IIRC he actually recovered at the end and gave Bradford the space to escape or make the throw.  I thought it was a good recovery from the position he was initially.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Unfortunately, the one sack that Bradford took was a HUGE hit. And right on the shoulder. That could have easily been a broken collarbone shot. He got up wincing. I cringed because it just had the look of an injury the way he got pile-driven into the turf.
Often times the QB getting hit is on the OL,  however imo often times the QB getting hit really hard is on the QB.  A QB has to have pocket awareness and keep the target moving as they keep 1 eye down field and the other scanning theur protection.