Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 months until Vikings training camp
Really not far off at all....be here before we know it. Lots of interesting angles and competitions in positions with the new regime. Different offense and defense. I like the roster as far as the ability to be competitive even while learning new things. Schedule (right now) looks at least manageable, but we'll need good luck as far as injuries go (like most teams). I know this fanbase: having Green Bay right out of the gate in Week 1 is a boom or bust scenario for fan morale....probably not the best time to take on a team like the Packers as Minnesota will have a learning curve, but it is what it is. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Really not far off at all....be here before we know it. Lots of interesting angles and competitions in positions with the new regime. Different offense and defense. I like the roster as far as the ability to be competitive even while learning new things. Schedule (right now) looks at least manageable, but we'll need good luck as far as injuries go (like most teams). I know this fanbase: having Green Bay right out of the gate in Week 1 is a boom or bust scenario for fan morale....probably not the best time to take on a team like the Packers as Minnesota will have a learning curve, but it is what it is. 
As will the teams who play us. Green Bay will not be ready for whatever "cutting edge" offense KOC is crafting. Nor will Aaron Rodgers get a chance to see Dontell's defense meant to deceive before opening day. Vikings have one advantage in that our stuff is new and theres is the same. The Packers opened on the road last year and were crushed 38-3 by a defense AR couldn't figure out. 

We'll definitely have a learning curve of our own, but I figure it's kind of a wash. 

First year of a whole new regime...Doesnt get much more exciting than that! 

I think the roster is competitive and I hope my gut is right; that 9 is the floor for this season. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
First year of a whole new regime...Doesnt get much more exciting than that! 

I think the roster is competitive and I hope my gut is right; that 9 is the floor for this season. 
I think we have 1-2 more years of prime Dalvin. AT and Kirk and Harry getting older. Who knows if Irv or Mattison will be re-signed.

It’s a good mix of young guys and vets right now. If we do still have a window (the Wilfs think we do) with Kirk and this bunch then it’s now or never. I could see it going either way— the usual Vikings middle of the road— or a big step up with KOC and Donatell and the new blood lighting a fire under everyone, including the fans! Hopeful and starting to get somewhat optimistic for the latter.