Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mond "very sharp" at OTAs
Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
@"medaille" said:
It’s pretty clear that the new front office’s goal is to be
the opposite of toxic.  Everything is
positive.  Everyone is doing great.  There is no dog house (that we’ll speak about
in public).  With Zimmer, he was blunt
about the truth on underperforming players. 
With KOC, we’ll just not hear about it, until we get cryptic tweets from
players about not being valued enough.
THIS.

Everything is pie in the sky....until a couple losses. At which point we will hear..”everythings great, we just need to execute” or “Ill need to watch the film”.

I for one liked Zimmer’s “shit or get off the pot” mentality.  If your ego cant take the harsh reality, find someone who WANTS to improve
I generally agree with this except Zimmer's MO was to blame the players & deflect responsibility.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
@"medaille" said:
positive.  Everyone is doing great.  There is no dog house (that we’ll speak about
THIS.

Everything is pie in the sky....until a couple losses. At which point we will hear..”everythings great, we just need to execute” or “Ill need to watch the film”.

I for one liked Zimmer’s “shit or get off the pot” mentality.  If your ego cant take the harsh reality, find someone who WANTS to improve
I liked it as well,  to bad it ended up being more about a rule for thee and not for me.  He expected his players to be excellent,  but when it was his coaching that led to failures he was bitter and really never improved.  there were certain things that kicked his ass the first year,  and some of those same things were still kicking his ass last year.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
@"medaille" said:
THIS.

I liked it as well,  to bad it ended up being more about a rule for thee and not for me.  He expected his players to be excellent,  but when it was his coaching that led to failures he was bitter and really never improved.  there were certain things that kicked his ass the first year,  and some of those same things were still kicking his ass last year.
Yeah, he had that "perfect" scheme that always worked (when the players executed it perfectly), so how could it be a coaching issue.