Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 QB's
https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/arti...144531.php

Here is a pretty good run down on some of the top QB's expected to go high in next years draft. I'm also a big fan of a guy not listed in the article in Arkansas K.J. Jefferson. Really good, high upside group..

At least pre 2022 it looks like potentially 7 QBs  could go in round one of the 23 draft.

Ever since JT18 brought him up, I've been watching a lot of Will Levis. I've never liked a QB that much, that quickly. There's a lot of football left to be played for all of these guys, but I watched all of the '22 and '23 QBs as if they were the same class, and I put Levis #1. That may change. 

The thing that bugs me about Stroud is that it's so hard to get a feel for what he'll be dealing with in the NFL. Fantastic arm, really nice accuracy. But watch any OSU highlight. He has 5 minutes to throw and his receivers are typically open by 5 yards. Bryce Young is a tiny, tiny man. Sure, maybe the next Russell Wilson, but Wilson is a solid 5-11, 215. Young is 6 ft if he's lucky and about 190. I'm sure he'll put on some muscle, but he kinda plays small too. Still, I think all three are better than the best of '22, even though I did like Pickett more than most. 

23 is a good class in that it's deep at the top, but there's no Lawrence or Luck in this class IMO. 

Van Dyke is an interesting prospect. Saw him a couple of times this past fall and liked what I saw.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Ever since JT18 brought him up, I've been watching a lot of Will Levis. I've never liked a QB that much, that quickly. There's a lot of football left to be played for all of these guys, but I watched all of the '22 and '23 QBs as if they were the same class, and I put Levis #1. That may change. 

The thing that bugs me about Stroud is that it's so hard to get a feel for what he'll be dealing with in the NFL. Fantastic arm, really nice accuracy. But watch any OSU highlight. He has 5 minutes to throw and his receivers are typically open by 5 yards. Bryce Young is a tiny, tiny man. Sure, maybe the next Russell Wilson, but Wilson is a solid 5-11, 215. Young is 6 ft if he's lucky and about 190. I'm sure he'll put on some muscle, but he kinda plays small too. Still, I think all three are better than the best of '22, even though I did like Pickett more than most. 

23 is a good class in that it's deep at the top, but there's no Lawrence or Luck in this class IMO. 
How Wilson and Olave fair will be telling in regards to Stroud IMO. Like you, I'm watching Garrett Wilson highlights thinking yeah this guy looks awesome, but also, he's WIDE open on most of these big plays. Is that him or is it the system? Stroud will go early and probably out of our range no matter what, but I'd still feel better about his prospects if those receivers thrive and prove they aren't just "system" products.
I'll need to check out Levis. Speaking of JT18... he alive?

Next year's Draft will be the antithesis of this years' as far as QBs go. Might see a record go in the first 2 rounds.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Next year's Draft will be the antithesis of this years' as far as QBs go. Might see a record go in the first 2 rounds.
We'll see how the college season plays out. This time last year Spencer Rattler was viewed as a first round QB in the 2022 draft. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:

How Wilson and Olave fair will be telling in regards to Stroud IMO. Like you, I'm watching Garrett Wilson highlights thinking yeah this guy looks awesome, but also, he's WIDE open on most of these big plays. Is that him or is it the system? Stroud will go early and probably out of our range no matter what, but I'd still feel better about his prospects if those receivers thrive and prove they aren't just "system" products.
I'll need to check out Levis. Speaking of JT18... he alive?
Holy smokes - as recommended just watched some game highlights of Will Levis...man he looks like the real deal.  A more athletic Andrew Luck from what little I have seen.  I really wish we got the Lions 1st rounder - which would have been Top 10.  Package that with our pick lets say 15 and Lions 7 and then we have some serious ammo to get into the first 3 pick range.  Oh well, what could have been Smile  But didn't.  I'll wait to whine about that next year...onward Christian soldiers!!!!