Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 3 Of FA
Lots of TEs available start of Day 3...in the...4th...fuck

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
Lots of TEs available start of Day 3...in the...4th...fuck
Don't forget about Madman Mundt. I think he gives us pretty close to what Conklin did. Maybe not quite the receiver but more versatile, better blocker. 
It seems that the LA Rams gambled on his injury to keep him off the radar of most teams. That may have held true in any other year. But his position coach, Wes Phillips, has signed on as the offensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings. Phillips knows the intrinsic value of Mundt, an extremely versatile chess piece who had lined up anywhere in the LA Rams offensive formation.

And now, he will likely be called upon to do similar “Where’s Waldo?” offensive gyrations in the Vikings’ new offense, as designed by HC Kevin O’Connell and OC Wes Phillips...
...He lined up as a power back, a full back, as an H back, just off the shoulder of an offensive tackle, and even off the line. He was positioned all over the field to give the Rams leverage on blocks that were crucial to the team’s running game.

What's really weird is Conklin signed up to be second fiddle again. 

Damn it Cousins!

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"kmillard" said:
He was a good solid TE. Hopefully ISJ can play a full season for once.
Next man in. Conklin had never produced a quality season prior to this year so even if ISJ gets hurt again I think they will be fine at TE. 

Today is a big day. Restructure Thielen, Kendricks, Harrison Smith, and Cook. That will create enough cap room to sign two very good free agents.

Restructuring Danielle would be great too, but if he and his agent want to be difficult because they agreed to the team friendly deal years ago or whatever has him butthurt, then trade his ass to Houston. I’m sure he wont be unhappy there…
Its not really so much about it being a team friendly deal or them being butt hurt,   he is owed what he is owed because he deserved a pay raise when he got this deal,  they made it a prove it deal and despite him not having proved it,  he is still owed the money,  except the team doesn't want to pay it the way they wrote it up and now the kick the can down the road approach is biting them in the ass when that player chooses to put himself first,  but after seeing how this league can work, who can blame him.  Personally I agree,  enough of this shit, start sending these players packing and get off the mercenary contract path we have been on lately.
He does deserve a pay raise...based on his production from 2 seasons ago when he actually paid. I cant prove it, but I think he's honestly mad about the prior contract and his agent has convinced him he deserves top 3 DE money...which isn't right at all. 

Sacks are great, but what about the other measurables? Pro Football Reference has him at #13 for QB Pressures in 2019 with 36, the same season he had his 14.5 sacks. QB Hurries that year he was 11th. 2018 he was 16th in pressures and 12th in QB Hurries.

We know Kwesi is an analytics guy so I am certain he is looking at stuff like this. Cam Jordan is going to be the 5th highest paid DE this year at $17.5MM and I dont think Hunter is better than Cam Jordan. I bet Hunter and his agent want close to the $20MM number which I dont think he deserves because he has failed to prove it the last 2 years.

I would love to have him back as he's a very good player, not elite, but very good. Just has to be right for both teams.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"kmillard" said:
He was a good solid TE. Hopefully ISJ can play a full season for once.
Next man in. Conklin had never produced a quality season prior to this year so even if ISJ gets hurt again I think they will be fine at TE. 

Today is a big day. Restructure Thielen, Kendricks, Harrison Smith, and Cook. That will create enough cap room to sign two very good free agents.

Restructuring Danielle would be great too, but if he and his agent want to be difficult because they agreed to the team friendly deal years ago or whatever has him butthurt, then trade his ass to Houston. I’m sure he wont be unhappy there…
Its not really so much about it being a team friendly deal or them being butt hurt,   he is owed what he is owed because he deserved a pay raise when he got this deal,  they made it a prove it deal and despite him not having proved it,  he is still owed the money,  except the team doesn't want to pay it the way they wrote it up and now the kick the can down the road approach is biting them in the ass when that player chooses to put himself first,  but after seeing how this league can work, who can blame him.  Personally I agree,  enough of this shit, start sending these players packing and get off the mercenary contract path we have been on lately.
He does deserve a pay raise...based on his production from 2 seasons ago when he actually paid. I cant prove it, but I think he's honestly mad about the prior contract and his agent has convinced him he deserves top 3 DE money...which isn't right at all. 

Sacks are great, but what about the other measurables? Pro Football Reference has him at #13 for QB Pressures in 2019 with 36, the same season he had his 14.5 sacks. QB Hurries that year he was 11th. 2018 he was 16th in pressures and 12th in QB Hurries.

We know Kwesi is an analytics guy so I am certain he is looking at stuff like this. Cam Jordan is going to be the 5th highest paid DE this year at $17.5MM and I dont think Hunter is better than Cam Jordan. I bet Hunter and his agent want close to the $20MM number which I dont think he deserves because he has failed to prove it the last 2 years.

I would love to have him back as he's a very good player, not elite, but very good. Just has to be right for both teams.
6 or 7 games in 2 seasons does not merit a pay raise,  no matter how productive he was for those 6 games,  the burden of proof is on him now to show that he is able to stay healthy.  If he thinks he is honestly worth that much then he should be willing to sign a contract that protects the team to some degree,  and if he were agreeable to that IMO this wouldnt even have been a discussion.