Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowboys Trying To Move Collins

While the #Cowboys have given La'el Collins' agents Peter Schaffer and Deryk Gilmore permission to seek a trade, one factor to consider: Cutting Collins with a post-June 1 designation instead of trading him would save Dallas an extra $8.7 million in 2022 cap space.
Quote Tweet
[Image: MaAIgBaS_mini.jpg]
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· Mar 10
The #Cowboys are having active trade conversations centered around starting OT La'el Collins, sources say. A mainstay since 2015, Collins is due $10M this coming year and there is interest from other teams.

His former girlfriend could not be reached for comment.

[Image: A8uxi2Dr_bigger.jpg]
If a team traded for Cowboys RT La'el Collins, it would owe him a salary of $10M for each of the next three seasons. No other bonuses, incentives, etc.

He's 28, has a ton of experience, is a solid pass protector and plays with some nasty.

A perfectly reasonable deal to take on.

I'm more interested in Connor Willimas the Cowboys former Guard who is now a FA.

Spotrac has his market value at: 4 years - 53million - around 13 million a year average.  

Probably way too rich for us and our current CAP status or even after some cuts/adjustments.  But it would be nice Smile

Collins draft story is the one that always gives me pause when I hear rumors or stories about young players off field issues.  I'll defer to the teams opinion, they are the ones with skin/money in the game, f the twitosphere  and the interweb.  It's great for the team and fans but sure screwed him and looks like he may never recover what he lost.