Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Courtney Cronin back to Chicago
Quote: @Kentis said:
Lee must be devastated…  Wink B)  
[Image: to2wpdebwd5f.jpeg]

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I don't think Courtney is a bad person, but taking the Viking's beat for ESPN was probably just part of her plan to get back to Chicago. She was in San Jose before she came to Minnesota, covering sports for the newspaper there I believe. Probably has family and friends in Chicago as she was born and raised in the northern 'burbs there. 

Sports media today is looking for opinions, takes, driving a lot of diversity and women into the industry as an initiative for the last 20 years. Probably overdue, actually. The 24/7 sports news cycle needs a ton of content to operate. I don't think she was the best, but I don't think she was the worst either. There's nothing that makes her qualified to talk about sports necessarily, but get in line with about 70% of the other people talking sports now. Its irrelevant. Opinions are all that matters and everyone has got one.
She probably deserves better than the heat she gets. But you're right. Media today is all about clicks. So that whole "Vikings should jump at the chance to trade Cousins for Garappolo" thing, while idiotic, probably got her more attention than everything else she wrote combined.  

She’s dead to me.  
FTB!

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
ESPN...Didn't they used to do sports or sumthin?

Them and history channel kind of went of the rails didn't they?

Her power of annoyance was overwhelming to someone listening on the radio.